Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Is it possible to help this person?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:05 pm
I often scroll through reddit when I'm bored (and read everything on Imamother). On one forum a 16 year old girl from a frum fanily in the Netherlands posted that her parents were forcing her to marry her BF because they caught her (rather her brother caught her and proceeded to beat her) having s-x. It sounds like legally they can't do this in the Netherlands anyways but she's still afraid of the religious part that her parents told her will take place in 7 weeks. Is there a Rav she can talk to? Who lives in the Netherlands anyways? Chassidim? JPFs? I don't know a specific city...

I would PM with any useful information I have if anyone can provide some. Thank you!

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:09 pm
Poor girl.
Not that I would be ok with my 16 year old having and doing anything with a BF but this sounds like a recipe for disaster.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:09 pm
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:14 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I wouldn't believe everything you read on the internet.

I meant to add in the OP "in case this is true". Based on what she wrote and how she repsonded to commentors made me think it was. Either way though I don't think I'd have anything to lose by giving her resources.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:16 pm
Sounds like a troll to me. More likely she's Muslim pretending to be jewish so she won't be identified. Especially the brother beating her up part. And in the Netherlands where muslim girls deal with this a lot.

icedcoffee

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:16 pm
We're currently discussing in the Judaism subreddit if the post seems legitimate or not. It actually seems like it might be, due to the timing of three weeks.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:18 pm
I don't believe that this story is true. If it is true, I don't believe this girl is jewish and certainly not frum.
People make up all kids of stories to get attention.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:19 pm
Agree the Muslim part sounds more likely. Or maybe she doesn't live in the Netherlands. And she is a bored or delusional person (not necessarily a teenager even) looking to stir up drama. Or scam people out of money.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:19 pm
icedcoffee wrote:
We're currently discussing in the Judaism subreddit if the post seems legitimate or not. It actually seems like it might be, due to the timing of three weeks.

Good point! Didn't even think of that. And I guess 7 as it's before YT....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children