Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Who can rock messy brows?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:26 pm
I love the look (especially on celebs with their gorgeous makeovers) so I decided to try to let my brows grow but I'm not achieving the look. they just look unkempt. is it my face? do I need to get used to it? can only special individuals look pretty like this? what's the secret?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:35 pm
Messy brows need a lot of work. They aren’t just grown out and wild.

giselle

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:42 pm
I get so lazy about waxing. Between this and the new vampire look, apparently I’m just a natural trendsetter.

momof2+?

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:42 pm
Which celebrities have messy brows? I have definitely see n full brows, thicker brows, (and I like that look) but I still like it clean.

gingertop

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:43 pm
I think they look best when they're very bold and dark and on a chiseled face. I wear my eyebrows thick but messy doesn't work for me.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:10 pm
Keep away the outliers. You know, the hairs in the middle, those a little high or low. Comb your brow to see them better. Avery good chisel tip tweezer is good for this.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:13 pm
OMG what is this world coming to that it's a new "trend" to look like messy unkempt ghosts...

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:28 pm
And for those of us old fogies who plucked and tweezed all through the nineties... boohoo

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 6:11 pm
I find that I can only rock the look if I have on a full face of foundation, blush, highlighter, concealer, and mascara. Otherwise I just look messy and depressed.

Flip Flops

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 6:14 pm
It's the same thing as the messy bun - it's supposed to look effortless and natural, but it is actually far from effortless or natural.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I love the look (especially on celebs with their gorgeous makeovers) so I decided to try to let my brows grow but I'm not achieving the look. they just look unkempt. is it my face? do I need to get used to it? can only special individuals look pretty like this? what's the secret?

Me, I have been rocking messy eyebrows for nearly 50 years. Never plucked or tweezed them and never will. Didn’t realize they are now “in” these days.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:55 pm
OP, to answer your question simply, camels. Check em out...

mlc

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:28 pm
Messy brows aren’t unkept brows. They are brows that are styled , but left thicker with a more natural look.
Also , the key to any messy look is to be super put together otherwise. Think all the ‘athleisure’ style going on , yet people are put together and aren’t rolling out of bed.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:15 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
OP, to answer your question simply, camels. Check em out...
you are so funny!

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 6:11 am
mlc wrote:
Messy brows aren’t unkept brows. They are brows that are styled , but left thicker with a more natural look.
Also , the key to any messy look is to be super put together otherwise. Think all the ‘athleisure’ style going on , yet people are put together and aren’t rolling out of bed.

So they are fake messy brows.

I say leave it to the camels. Looks more authentic on them.

ChutzPAh

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 8:42 am
Never heard of them so I googled it and the first thing that came up was a tutorial on how to make yourself messy brows! Too funny!!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 9:34 am
brows grow the way they grow. how can you work on it to make it look messy and gorgeous? btw, thick brows have been in for a while, not they just look messy and untouched. check out Julianna Hough on AGT. I'm sure it's cuz of her make up and her face is perfection so yea she can look gorgeous but are they worked on or just let them grow free....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics