Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Organizations that help with medical inquiries

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:10 am
Dh is in hospital with leg fractures.
Where can I get information & help with getting hom home or in rehab. Who can help me do the right choices, and get the equipments and setups I need

Cmon be nice

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:37 am
start with lakewood bikur cholim https://lrbcol.org/patadv.html

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:00 am
Your hospital social worker will help you with all of the above

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:56 am
Where are you located? People with experience are the best referral agency. Ask and we'll try to help.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:02 am
pesek zman wrote:
Your hospital social worker will help you with all of the above

Refuah shleima.

He will need a discharge plan before he goes home; the hospital social worker will discuss that with you.

I would guess that rehab won't be necessary at least until any casts are removed -- what would they be rehabbing now? But they'll need to know about stairs and access to toilets and showers at your house.

Be sure to ask about paratransit service for his transportation needs.

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:14 pm
If your husband is in the hospital, the social worker and other personnel will have a discharge plan so that they know he can be discharged safely. They will question you about bathroom access; stairs to reach home or bedroom etc.

If he will be using crutches, the occupational therapist will make sure that he knows how to use them correctly.

They will also tell you what medical supplies you need but it is also good to be proactive to coordinate with your insurance so that anything he needs is available when he gets home.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:29 pm
Lakewood Bikur cholim is an excellent resource. It is true that the hospital has some resources available to help, but your post sounds like you are overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

Also, you can call Hatzolah's non emergency line. They can sometimes help with a chesed transport, or help you get in touch with others who can help.

Refuah sheleima!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:44 pm
He'll need to be in rehab probably, just to be able to learn how to transfer from bed to chair to.... He cannot put any weight on any of his feet.
I know they'll probably give me options but as a Jewish person, I'll want to know What are the best for us etc.
Thanks for all replies

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:05 pm
When my dh was in the hospital last year I called echo and they were very helpful.

They told me which doctor should be attending to dh at the hospital

They also gave me a name of someone who advocates for Jewish patients.
He was able to help get some procedures done right away and was able to help us switch to the doctor echo recommended and then helped us get my dh discharged

Call echo... they will make sure your dh is in good hands
718-859-9800
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries