Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Cinnamon stick/bun Kaff's Korn's bakery

mommymommy

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:20 pm
The bakeries have an amazing cinnamon bun in stick form. Just straight buns. They are so light and airy and stay soft for days. I tried so many cinnamon bun recipes and none come close. They all get harder overnight and are only super soft straight out of the oven. Anyone know the secret to their recipe?

ectomorph

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:22 pm
Preservatives?

Blessing1

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 9:47 pm
The new aishes chayil cookbook has a recipe for these buns. I call them "korns cinnamon buns".

mommymommy

Post Thu, May 23 2019, 10:17 pm
Amazing! Would you mind sharing? (The recipe - that is! Although I'll take fresh cinnamon buns any time Wink!)

mommymommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:08 pm
Would love the recipe too - can anyone share? Maybe someone from kaffs bakery is on here... they closed down and maybe would be kind enough to share Very Happy ?

MiriFr

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:23 pm
Maybe try using pizza dough?

mommymommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:44 pm
It's very light and airy.....

ddmom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:18 pm
Usually commercial cinnamon buns are full of margarine!! That's what keep them soft....

mlc

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:23 pm
mommymommy wrote:
The bakeries have an amazing cinnamon bun in stick form. Just straight buns. They are so light and airy and stay soft for days. I tried so many cinnamon bun recipes and none come close. They all get harder overnight and are only super soft straight out of the oven. Anyone know the secret to their recipe?

My friend makes them with a donut recipe, she says that’s the trick . I never tried myself tho ...

Yum Smile

mommymommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:37 pm
Oh good idea but then she fries them? They're supposed to be baked... can you back donuts?

mlc

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:43 pm
mommymommy wrote:
Oh good idea but then she fries them? They're supposed to be baked... can you back donuts?

She said she bakes and that if you coat them in enough oil it works and also that the sticky sugar helps maintain the moisture

I asked for recipe, she said she eyeballs it and would try to figure out exact next time she makes it

mommymommy

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:59 pm
Amazing! Thanks! I'll wait to get that! Meant time maybe I should lose a couple pounds in preparation LOL

Fave

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:40 am
Blessing1 wrote:
The new aishes chayil cookbook has a recipe for these buns. I call them "korns cinnamon buns".

Anyone has the cookbook and can post the recipe?

Fave

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:27 pm
Bumpity bump

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:57 pm
mommymommy wrote:
Would love the recipe too - can anyone share? Maybe someone from kaffs bakery is on here... they closed down and maybe would be kind enough to share Very Happy ?

They only closed temporarily due to the fire. Construction is done and they are back open.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins