Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Rent bungalow. Any ideas??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 12:59 pm
Please tell me if you think this is feasible, doable etc.
Looking for cottage, summer home, bungalow to rent for minimum of a shabbos up to a week. 3rd or 4th week of August. I have 3 married kids, (living in separate states) and 6 grandkids Kah. My son who got married this past winter cannot come across
Border to Canada (where I live ) due to his applying for green card and needs to remain in USA for now. We would love to all get together for a few days this summer. We are not fancy people and are able to ‘rough it’. Don’t need anything luxurious to stay in as long as there are enough bedrooms for adults - so 4 bedroom. minimum. There are 2 to 3 musts. Must be able have a minion close by (guess up to 15 min drive) & my Dh needs wifi for work. Low key activities for kids. Ie park, water play would be great. Think all those things are pretty much standard anyway.

We checked air bnb and vrbo.
They are about $1800.00 to $2000.00 including all the extra fees tacked on. We just can’t swing that. Think we’d be able to spend up to $1000.00 for 3 days. Now remember I’m from Canada so we are paying almost 40% more due to the dollar.

Does anyone have any ideas for me? Or what I’m asking just not feasible?
Thanks so much !!

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:02 pm
What you are describing is not a bungalow. It means a house or multiple small bungalows together, which I doubt you can find for this price.
Did you check the Raleigh or chalet how much they charge?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:37 pm
So I was at a place last weekend that rents bungalows on a temporary basis. A 3 bedroom (biggest size) is between 5 and 600 a weekend. One bedroom is 325. No linen and very old. The grounds were nice. Kids had a great time. Adults- not so much! We priced houses in airmont and South Fallsburg: 900 a weekend. If you want bigger accommodations you can try the (old kimpeturin) house- we did that too and it was a lot of fun. Good luck!
Eta- the bung colony had a nice pool

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:27 pm
where was this place?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:37 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
where was this place?

Monticello

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:41 pm
But I was thinking: I rented a three bedroom and my daughter took a one bedroom. For that price we should have booked a house for 900 rather for both of us together: with linen and nicer accommodations. If you can get the hamodia- they have some listings

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:29 pm
Chabad Saratoga has some big house

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 1:20 am
Look in the hamodia. I see homes listed with a few bedrooms for rent. You can try calling some for the rates.
Also reserve kosher website for options.

jkw

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 2:00 am
Suggest PM doctorima. She has a friend who has a house in Tannersville that might be what you want. Give us a review please of whatever you do.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:34 am
Thanks for all your replies.
Will let you know...

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 8:12 am
I’ve seen houses with pools advertised for vacation (short term rent) in Lakewood and monsey. It’s very hot there now but I think the houses have central air. If you happen to catch nice weather, the grounds are nice. The houses are big and very nice and near Shuls and takeout stores.
Here’s a link for Lakewood rentals but you can probably find for less in a local paper- https://lakewoodhosts.com/mans.....llas/

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:42 am
Has anything worked out for you op?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:19 am
Not yet.
There’s one we found on air bnb in the poconos.
We may take that one.
I’ve never done air bnb but I know some people love it.
With an air bnb house How do we manage though with kashrut? Ie the stove, counter tops etc?
Thanks!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics