Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Italy vacation

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 8:38 pm
Can anyone help me me with planning a trip to Italy ? I would like to see Rome , Milan, Florence, Capri , Venice. (I’m not sure if all are doable but I would love to visit some)
Where do you stay and what are the options with food ?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Jul 15 2019, 9:14 pm
We went to Rome, Milan, venice, florence.
Milan from Friday-Sunday- forgot what the name if the hotel was, but it was near the shul. We contacted chabad, and they sent us food. There is a pizza store and ice cream store right near each other. Lots of fun shopping (it's similar to midtown manhattan). We went on a bike tour. Super fun. Nook in advance.
Rome for 4 days- there is the most to do there. We stayed in NH collection piazza cinquecento (botching the spelling f'sure). There are plenty of restaurants in the Jewish ghetto, plus a few outside, like yotvata and little tripoli. There are tours of everything. I recommend doing a hop-on-hop-off day on the double decker bus. Book as many tours online beforehand.
Florence for 1 day- stayed in hotel right near the restaurant. There isn't so much to do there, so we packed it all into 1 day. We saw the cool gardens and went segwaying.
Venice- so overrated omg. Only go for shabbos. It's really boring otherwise. We stayed in Gimmel Gardens, and ate in the fleishig restaurant. You'll basically stay around the Jewish ghetto, which is where the food and shul is. Check out murano and burano. They're pretty cool.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 3:30 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
We went to Rome, Milan, venice, florence.
Milan from Friday-Sunday- forgot what the name if the hotel was, but it was near the shul. We contacted chabad, and they sent us food. There is a pizza store and ice cream store right near each other. Lots of fun shopping (it's similar to midtown manhattan). We went on a bike tour. Super fun. Nook in advance.
Rome for 4 days- there is the most to do there. We stayed in NH collection piazza cinquecento (botching the spelling f'sure). There are plenty of restaurants in the Jewish ghetto, plus a few outside, like yotvata and little tripoli. There are tours of everything. I recommend doing a hop-on-hop-off day on the double decker bus. Book as many tours online beforehand.
Florence for 1 day- stayed in hotel right near the restaurant. There isn't so much to do there, so we packed it all into 1 day. We saw the cool gardens and went segwaying.
Venice- so overrated omg. Only go for shabbos. It's really boring otherwise. We stayed in Gimmel Gardens, and ate in the fleishig restaurant. You'll basically stay around the Jewish ghetto, which is where the food and shul is. Check out murano and burano. They're pretty cool.

I a looking to go in September for about ten days. Can someone help with basic itinerary? I need to book tickets and wondering if I should book going to one place but leaving from another....

tichellady

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:12 pm
If you have ten days don’t do more than 3 cities. We did Rome, Florence and Venice. Fly into Rome or Venice and out of the city you don’t fly into. Then take the train to get you to the other cities. Spend shabbos in Rome or Venice unless you want to rent to be in Tuscany specifically. Itinerary depends on what you like. We like art, museums, walking tours, nature and food. Someone previously wrote she hated Venice and loved burano and Murano. We loved Venice and found burano and murano bland. I personally don’t like Florence so much but other people love it! Get a guidebook from amazon or the library and see what interests you

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:47 pm
I’ve flown into Rome then train to Florence train to Venice and train to Milan where we flew out of. Milan is near Lake Como which is beautiful. Milan itself nothing special like any big city. From Florence we did day trips to Pisa and Siena. Rome we spent 2 days. Venice we did shabbos and on Friday we went to Murano and on shabbos we walked around Venice itself.

icedcoffee

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 5:29 pm
I did almost the exact trip as amother yellow. We flew into Rome, train to Florence with a day trip to Cinque Terre, train to Venice, then train to Milan and flew out of there. We did that because into Rome / out of Milan was the best price we could find for a combination of cities to fly from. You should definitely fly into one place and out from another - you're going to want to go from city to city and it'd be silly to go back to a city you already visited just for the airport. We spent shabbat in Florence but I heard Venice is very nice too.

jkw

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 4:02 pm
Highly recommend kosher bnb in Milan CHEZ ROMY. Near transportation and kosher restaurants.

Rappel

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 4:06 pm
Things we loved during our recent trip:

We stayed in San Ruffino Resort

Cantina Giuliano restaurant and winery

Volterra

Firenze

Wandering the countryside and little villages

Don't bother going to the beach - they all charge. Do go to a rocky part of the coast, though - the rocks and sea life are marvelous.

Librarian

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:08 am
Driving down the Amalfi coast to Capri is one of the greatest experiences of my life. I cried from the sheer beauty that is just overwhelming. I don't think you can fit this leg of the journey in with Rome, Florence and Venice. You would probably have cut out one of those cities. I loved Florence but that would be the one to miss of the three if you had no choice.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:16 am
There are so many beautiful and interesting things to see in Italy.

Go to the bookstore or library, get yourself a comprehensive guidebook, and see what interests you.

familyfirst

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:46 am
Loved loved Venice
Boat ride and shopping on Friday
Chabad for shabbos
Awesome experience!!

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:51 am
RE the first poster I think she should have stayed in the US and not bothered with Italy. I was only in Venice and I Still dream of the beauty, architecture, culture. If you appreciate that, then you will go crazy over Venice as I did. As for the rest, it’s on my bucket list. Enjoy your trip!!!

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 5:16 am
Just went, posted all about it on this thread:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....65893

I'm amother Lime. Feel free to ask more questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics