Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What's with this horrid white makeup?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Simple1

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:43 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Fine, but it's like wearing blue lipstick or yellow blush. It's fun and pretty, but not natural looking in the slightest.

Well, many people wear colored eye shadow... makeup can go either way, natural or colorful. I happen to like a natural look, but TTYTT, I'm not so into makeup altogether.

And no. I haven't seen the white makeup look. But I've only been to one wedding in the last month. Trendy heimish yeshivish crowd.

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:45 pm
How will white look on my freckles?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 1:48 pm
I’ve never seen this but maybe it’s not the nicest thing to post specific IG photos. These are real people and I’m sure they wouldn’t appreciate being called out and mocked.

Jewishfoodie

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:14 pm
aricelli wrote:
How will white look on my freckles?

Freckles are the cutest! And extremely on point. There are many trendy make up artists who teach you how to CREATE freckles. Its super cute! Think, soft brown brow pencil and random dots.. check it out! When I was a kid, freckles were how you labeled someone. The redhead with freckles. Today, it's all the rage! Own it! Dont cover it!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 2:16 pm
Orchid wrote:
Sigh.

Is it the nuder color lipsticks?

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:52 pm
I'm a makeup artist in the NY/NJ area and literally have no idea what you're referring to.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 3:54 pm
Simple1 wrote:
Well, many people wear colored eye shadow... makeup can go either way, natural or colorful. I happen to like a natural look, but TTYTT, I'm not so into makeup altogether.

And no. I haven't seen the white makeup look. But I've only been to one wedding in the last month. Trendy heimish yeshivish crowd.

Yeah, I know. I would love to rock a purple lipstick, it just wouldn't be accepted in any frum community.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 4:20 pm
Hi op, I know what you're talking about. I see it around in Lakewood, haven't even been to a wedding recently...it goes with the very sleek, long, straight shaitel look, parted down the front, lace front, baby hairs...very pale foundation, coal black eye liner, and either red or nude lips. The look is very ethereal on a girl with a very pretty, narrow face and chiseled features, but as with all trends, most people wearing it dont have the look to pull it off...so it comes out looking very ghostly

mlc

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:32 pm
I think it’s just as weird as naturally pale people being bronzed. Anything that isn’t natural looking ends up looking somewhat ‘off’

LovesHashem

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 4:16 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Fine, but it's like wearing blue lipstick or yellow blush. It's fun and pretty, but not natural looking in the slightest.

Ok...but who says I need to look natural?
Clothing isn't natural, we were all born naked and had chava not sinned we would all still be naked.

I personally like to balance out natural and "unanatural". I'll do natural blush and lip and have a glittery highlighter and cool shadow.

Simple1

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 6:12 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Hi op, I know what you're talking about. I see it around in Lakewood, haven't even been to a wedding recently...it goes with the very sleek, long, straight shaitel look, parted down the front, lace front, baby hairs...very pale foundation, coal black eye liner, and either red or nude lips. The look is very ethereal on a girl with a very pretty, narrow face and chiseled features, but as with all trends, most people wearing it dont have the look to pull it off...so it comes out looking very ghostly

What you're describing is not a typical Lakewood look altogether. More likely newer type of people who've been moving in recently. So the look had to have come from somewhere else.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:00 am
Who can define "typical" in Lakewood nowadays? It's no longer a simple, yeshivish town, hasn't been for years. Plenty of high fashion here, with all levels of tznius. And the women I see sporting this look aren't trying to be modern either. It's just a look that goes with the latest shaitel trend, of long, straight, sleek, with middle part...which few can pull off successfully.

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:22 am
When a trend is new people critique it and think they’ll never adopt it.
If it’s truly a trend that will catch on wait another few weeks and these same women will be sporting the new look.

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 8:24 am
Right, and it's usually only the few who started the trend who actually look good in it.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 11:17 am
It's not a new trend, it's an Elizabethan era trend.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 2:45 pm
Maybe it’s zinc oxide sunblock.

studying_torah

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 3:00 pm
Sounds like morticia addams ....

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 3:05 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
Ok...but who says I need to look natural?
Clothing isn't natural, we were all born naked and had chava not sinned we would all still be naked.

I personally like to balance out natural and "unanatural". I'll do natural blush and lip and have a glittery highlighter and cool shadow.

I don't have anything against unnatural, but I think too much highlight makes people look oily in a bad way. I love thick eyeliner and dark lipstick, or a mermaid highlight that makes you look alien; I find it weird when people do a typical, natural makeup look and pair it with Tin Woodman metallic cheekbones.

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 12:31 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I don't have anything against unnatural, but I think too much highlight makes people look oily in a bad way. I love thick eyeliner and dark lipstick, or a mermaid highlight that makes you look alien; I find it weird when people do a typical, natural makeup look and pair it with Tin Woodman metallic cheekbones.

If the rest of the face is matte why oily?
I hear you on that, most of my highlights are glittery so it doesn't look like an oily shine.
Silver silver is the one color I don't really use much. It's not so complimentary on my skin.

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 6:45 pm
I am fascinated and curious. Never heard of such a trend and would love to see what it looks like. anyone have a picture?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics