Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Book about puberty for girls

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:31 pm
Which book on puberty would you recommend to read with a ten year old girl?

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:37 pm
Not sure if it's still in circulation, and I'm not sure if you're looking specifically for a Jewish book, but my mother bought the American girl body book for me at that age. It was really cute, had info on bras, acne, how to wash and blow your hair, periods and some other things, I forget. There's a Jewish book that has a more hashkafik approach with quotes from chazal, but I don't remember the title. Maybe "becoming you", but perhaps someone else here can correct me.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:56 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
Not sure if it's still in circulation, and I'm not sure if you're looking specifically for a Jewish book, but my mother bought the American girl body book for me at that age. It was really cute, had info on bras, acne, how to wash and blow your hair, periods and some other things, I forget. There's a Jewish book that has a more hashkafik approach with quotes from chazal, but I don't remember the title. Maybe "becoming you", but perhaps someone else here can correct me.

The Jewish book is called "The wonder of becoming you" published by feldheim.

little neshamala

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:25 am
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:

Highly recommend it-the american girl book, called "the care and keeping of you". Written in a very un-cheesey way. Not the type of book to make a girl squirm, but still friendly and detailed.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:27 am
I gave my 10 year old daughter both those books when I spoke to her

smss

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:03 am
Agree. The Wonder of Becoming You and The Care and Keeping of You are a great combo.

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 3:31 am
I didn't understand The Wonder of Becoming You when I read it at 12. The diagrams of the ut3rus left me scratching my head, and there was no useful information in it, other than "guess what? You're gonna bleed!" At that point, I'd already figured that part out.

rachelli18

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:34 am
Heart to Heart by Rivka Friedman

https://www.amazon.com/Heart-R.....psc=1

nelliesmellie

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 7:43 am
The American girl book is great

amother
DarkGray

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 8:23 am
I found that the American girl book caused some body insecurities instead of preventing them. Read it first.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 07 2023, 9:54 am
rachelli18 wrote:
Heart to Heart by Rivka Friedman

https://www.amazon.com/Heart-R.....psc=1

This is an excellent one to introduce it with it. And then the wonder of becoming you later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics