Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Protect your family!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 17  18  19  Next

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:34 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Agree. Yes, you gotta teach him to be mevater of some of his high ideals so he can get mitzvas/schar in different departments. Mevatel retzoino mipnei (autocorrected to Minnie) ritzoino... the ULTIMTE schar & thenZZZ & ZZZ both get olam habah together.
And I second what cookie girl says- happy chulent & kishka (cookiegirl are you related to cookie monster or cookies are your mitzvah in this world? Jooc)

On a different note,I was so delighted to read what a wonderful am yisroel we have- right here on ima- with such lofty ideals. I’m wowed away. It brought tears of happiness to my face (book?) reading about it and really cheered me up. OTOH, there were some sad tears as well, as I’m unfortunately not on this elevated madreiga yet Sad
ISO a spiritual guide. Jewish foodie, do you mentor? No offense to rabbi ZZZ, but I obviously don’t do post mentors (can’t bring myself to say or write the M word so using an euphemism)

Send me your total family income forms and I'll let you know if I mentor. Im just having a chashuvah rabbi look at it to see if the names are a holy match..

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:38 pm
Forrealx wrote:
I do a sheital on top of a hat so I'm more tznius.

Whats beautiful to Hashem and whats beautiful to us are 2 different things. But I hope the same doesnt hold true for your undergarments..

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:45 pm
PSA:
As it is going to be quite hot this week, people will be tempted to remove some garments that they normally wear, to remain cool. This applies to both men and women.

So as not to be nichshal, we ask all men and women who plan on stepping out this summer, to please avert their gaze downward until they reach their destination, or slam into a mailbox. Under NO circumstances should anyone glance in any direction other than due south.
I myself had an incident with a misplaced street lamp, al kiddush Hashem

polka dots

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 3:09 pm
True story: my friend was walking in the street. A man walked right into her because he was looking down for shmiras einayim purposes. My friend stated in a monotone”dw, I’m a tree”

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 5:26 pm
Okay, this is serious:
The new advertisement now in the chareidi cities is-------
Kosher air conditioning!!!!!
Under Rav Rubin hechsher.

Because, and yes, I was laughing my brains off, if you breathe in a room with a treife a/c on, the a/c has to work harder because your breath is heating the room.
Can't Believe It

http://www.93fm.co.il/radio/540891/

WitchKitty

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 5:28 pm
My ex claimed that women aren't allowed to walk fast because walking faster than a man is untznius.
Totally meshaneh habriyos.

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:37 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Okay, this is serious:
The new advertisement now in the chareidi cities is-------
Kosher air conditioning!!!!!
Under Rav Rubin hechsher.

Because, and yes, I was laughing my brains off, if you breathe in a room with a treife a/c on, the a/c has to work harder because your breath is heating the room.
Can't Believe It

http://www.93fm.co.il/radio/540891/

Hooray
Now fans, toasters, and sandwich makers will need a hashgacha too. Lest some get "cool", or "heat up" improperly. Baruch Hashem such great strides for the Jewish nation

Im on the board of people trying to get companies to back their word and make bathing suits exactly that; full fledged 3 piece suits. You too can be a part of this groundbreaking mitzvah by visiting www.itonlysuitsabasmelech.com

It will be available in black, blue and pinstriped for the discerning customer

1untamedgirl

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:49 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
California just joined our thread...

https://www.vosizneias.com/327.....ower/

We wont have real gender equality until they get rid of menopause.

And I question why they dont ban mental illness as well?

I was also melting like a snowman today but I guess Californians dont know what a snowman is otherwise they would ban that as well.

Its beginning to look a lot like The Giver, can't wait til we are all the same gender and color, take pills to prevent all feelings, and have to apologize for precision of language..

Jewishfoodie

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 10:59 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
We wont have real gender equality until they get rid of menopause.

And I question why they dont ban mental illness as well?

I was also melting like a snowman today but I guess Californians dont know what a snowman is otherwise they would ban that as well.

Its beginning to look a lot like The Giver, can't wait til we are all the same gender and color, take pills to prevent all feelings, and have to apologize for precision of language..

Manchester has a lot of soul searching to do...
(Man? Chest? I cant even.)

1untamedgirl

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 11:10 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Manchester has a lot of soul searching to do...
(Man? Chest? I cant even.)

Yup and Manhattan needs to go as well.

And while we are at it, dont name your kids Menachem, Menucha, Emanual, Mendy, Mandy, or Manny.

We should also make sure not to call ourselves women or female or ladies either so girls is the only kosher label that we can call ourselves. Thank you California for helping us do teshuva.

soap suds

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 11:35 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Yup and Manhattan needs to go as well.

And while we are at it, dont name your kids Menachem, Menucha, Emanual, Mendy, Mandy, or Manny.

We should also make sure not to call ourselves women or female or ladies either so girls is the only kosher label that we can call ourselves. Thank you California for helping us do teshuva.

I don't get it. Why is girls more kosher ladies? And I think all the names you listed are totally fine, except for Menucha, because that's beged Ish.

chanatron1000

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 11:41 pm
Ladies contains the word lad, which is also beged ish.

1untamedgirl

Post Sat, Jul 20 2019, 11:50 pm
soap suds wrote:
I don't get it. Why is girls more kosher ladies? And I think all the names you listed are totally fine, except for Menucha, because that's beged Ish.

The names are problematic because it has either man or men in them-- Menachem, Menucha, Emanual, Mendy, Mandy, or Manny.

And ladies has lad in it which is code for young man so we need to avoid that as well.

Man or men is bad so we cant have anything associated with it. Which is why girls is a good option since there is no man or men within the word itself. And girls can't get manicures anymore either. But ask your Rav if the boys can still use a menorah..

Hey, Im not the one making the rules here, any complaints can be taken to the California management team but they may fine you for having bad manners so be careful.. Lets just hope that none of them live in mansions...

https://www.vosizneias.com/327.....ower/

Wife1

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:11 am
And to all the ladies who have a male rav the horrors!!!

I'm a rav ask me your shailos so no one will speak to a mail.

soap suds

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:19 am
Wife1 wrote:
And to all the ladies who have a male rav the horrors!!!

I'm a rav ask me your shailos so no one will speak to a mail.

I have a shaila for you. If my mail speaks to me (It says "Open me! Open me!"), am I allowed to talk back to it? It goes without saying that if it's a Bill, I definitely shouldn't talk to it. I'm asking about all the other mail.

ETA: Does it make a difference if it's still in the mailbox - sort of behind a mechitza - as opposed to outside?

Last edited by soap suds on Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:24 am
soap suds wrote:
I have a shaila for you. If my mail speaks to me (It says "Open me! Open me!"), am I allowed to talk back to it? It goes without saying that if it's a Bill, I definitely shouldn't talk to it. I'm asking about all the other mail.

ETA: Does it make a difference if it's still in the mailbox - sort of behind a mechitza - as opposed to outside?
Very Happy

My mail must have gotten his education somewhere else. Its rude and obnoxious and its ALWAYS BILLS.

So I am obligated min hatorah to ignore them .

Whats the story with Jury duty?

Im not comfortable with duty.

soap suds

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:25 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Very Happy

My mail must have gotten his education somewhere else. Its rude and obnoxious and its ALWAYS BILLS.

So I am obligated min hatorah to ignore them .

Whats the story with Jury duty?

Im not comfortable with duty.

Jury sounds too close to Jerry. I think you're better off ignoring those, too.

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:17 am
What if your credit card statement says Maxed out, I think that goes into same category as Bill or Mail

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:18 am
Also if its coming from Con "Ed" its double choteh, its Bill & Ed

dankbar

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:22 am
If its from AT & T, then definitely run the other way, thats already too much, asking for your attention, that's outright flirting....Trouble ahead!
Page 15 of 19   Previous  1  2  3 14  15  16 17  18  19  Next Recent Topics