Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Amazon Prime Day 2019
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 6:32 pm
Quote:
There are household goods sales today. Check Dan's deals post about it. I didn't pursue it because I am well stocked at the moment, but yesterday I got amazing prices on shampoo and conditioner. There are/were also good sales on snacks and cereals.

Lots of those discounts were targeted, so I didn't really find anything that was useful to me that also gave a big enough discount to make it worthwhile

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:55 pm
So nu, Prime Day is almost over, can we do a full share/confessional of what you bought so we can enjoy our retail therapy together? Last year I bought literally nothing because I really didn't need anything that was on sale but this year I did pretty well with some things I needed and some wish-list splurges. I wasn't targeted for most of the targeted things Dan's Deals kept promoting but things were pretty good anyway. I bought:

A better blender for $45. I was thinking of one on Black Friday but bought an Instant Pot instead. Speaking of which the Instant Pot prices today/yesterday were better than BF.

Shampoo and conditioner, I merited the 30% off or whatever, plus sale plus subscribe n save made it something like $6-7 for 2 big bottles of pantene.

An air purifier that I HOPE will cure our allergies and dust plagues for $110

The Maybelline lipstick someone posted about here. I've been wanting to try it so I just hope I got a good color.

A Nine West watch for $20. My old nice-looking watch that I also got on Prime Day a couple of years ago is dead, replacing the batteries only helped a little.

Adidas sneakers for my kid who likes to be on trend. She's hard to fit and has the same ones now so I hope they will still be in style when she's the next size. Under $25, I paid close to $35 on sale for the ones she's wearing now.

The three free months of Kindle Unlimited, hope I have time to do some reading.

The 4 months of Amazon Music for .99, please tell me how to find good Jewish music on there.

I tried the thing where you buy a $25 gift card and get a $5 credit but I don't see the credit in my account, not sure if I'm supposed to have done something different, it did say that I applied the promo code.

And all paid for with Amazon credit card so 6% back on it all. I can't wait to see the statement, though; I usually do not use credit cards like this... but it was mostly stuff on my shopping list anyway (re. conditioner and watch) or that would be soon (sneakers) so basically the blender was a mild splurge and the air purifier was a big spend but something that I was thinking of for a while and just didn't get around to researching, so a lightning deal is a good way to avoid that thing I do where I research a purchase for more time than it's worth.

Post yours before it's too late to inspire others!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 10:58 pm
Just search on Amazon music for the artists you like. They have plenty of options and the app is easy to use. You can make your own playlists or just play one artist/ album at a time.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:00 pm
My purchases were extremely boring. A carseat, goggles (not a huge deal, but we happen to need another good pair) and la Croix seltzer What

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Jul 16 2019, 11:12 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
My purchases were extremely boring. A carseat, goggles (not a huge deal, but we happen to need another good pair) and la Croix seltzer What

Thanks for the goggles reminder! I forgot that 2 of my kids need.. just ordered!

seeker

Post Wed, Jul 17 2019, 1:39 am
I did notice some good prices on goggles and thought about stocking up - I bought a few at the beginning of the summer but you know how kids are with goggles. And they break. The cheap ones break more quickly but I like them better in other ways.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:47 pm
(Not to make anyone feel bad but I don't pay for Amazon Music, though I have Prime, and you can add songs for free to the Amazon Music app, you'll just lose them if you ever sign out.)

Jewishfoodie

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 12:58 pm
Do any of you lovely imas have knowledge about computers, to the extent that you know what's considered a great price for a lower end higher quality computer? DD wants to invest in one for her family but I'm sadly a Mac person and I know literally zero about Asus vs Lenovo vs whatever and they dont want to spend even close to Apple prices. But they do want a good machine at a great price. Thanks in advance whether or not you can help. Have a great shabbos!

ra_mom

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 1:06 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
(Not to make anyone feel bad but I don't pay for Amazon Music, though I have Prime, and you can add songs for free to the Amazon Music app, you'll just lose them if you ever sign out.)

If you have an Amazon Prime account you can use Amazon music app? Across multiple devices that are signed in to the Amazon account?

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 1:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you have an Amazon Prime account you can use Amazon music app? Across multiple devices that are signed in to the Amazon account?

Yes. But you not have music unlimited.

I have music unlimited. I pay and I can listen to a huge library of songs, save them, download them. Make playlists etc.

My coworker doesn't . One time when wanted to listen to the my fair Lady soundtrack she couldn't listen on Amazon. I had it on Amazon music unlimited, bc I pay

But if you have an Amazon prime.. maybe even just an Amazon account. Check it out.

Edited for accidental punch emoji

Last edited by singleagain on Fri, Jul 19 2019, 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Red

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 2:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:

The music selection is much, much more limited if you don't have music unlimited.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 2:26 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Do any of you lovely imas have knowledge about computers, to the extent that you know what's considered a great price for a lower end higher quality computer? DD wants to invest in one for her family but I'm sadly a Mac person and I know literally zero about Asus vs Lenovo vs whatever and they dont want to spend even close to Apple prices. But they do want a good machine at a great price. Thanks in advance whether or not you can help. Have a great shabbos!

I bought a Lenovo flex 15 this week. I was desperate so l jumped in. I know Lenovo products are strong. My lenovo laptop lasted 10 years. And would've been good another 5, but one of the kids dropped it by mistake.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 2:31 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
The music selection is much, much more limited if you don't have music unlimited.

I just checked - I have Amazon music unlimited, and I can get almost all Jewish music. I don't think I can get any (or most) on only Amazon prime? For me so far it's been worth it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:13 pm
I don't have unlimited. I only have 1 device hooked up to Amazon Music (my cellphone's app). I downloaded onto my phone about 20 hours (!!) of Jewish music that can be played offline (including Mordechai Shapiro, NYC Boys Choir, Shwekey, etc) and will stay on my phone (and has for about a year already I think) unless I ever sign out of my account on it. I also collect $1 digital credits to BUY songs that are not available and those I own...those are from no-rush shipping promotions. I haven't found it necessary to pay for Unlimited Wink

amother
Red

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:28 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I don't have unlimited. I only have 1 device hooked up to Amazon Music (my cellphone's app). I downloaded onto my phone about 20 hours (!!) of Jewish music that can be played offline (including Mordechai Shapiro, NYC Boys Choir, Shwekey, etc) and will stay on my phone (and has for about a year already I think) unless I ever sign out of my account on it. I also collect $1 digital credits to BUY songs that are not available and those I own...those are from no-rush shipping promotions. I haven't found it necessary to pay for Unlimited Wink

Yes, there are lots of songs available without unlimited. But that expands exponentially with unlimited, especially if your kids like listening to new music.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics