Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Transferring Section 8

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 8:52 am
My sister just was approved for Section 8 in a city she lived in years ago. However, she has since moved because she has a small child with a medical condition that needed a lot of assistance and will still need for the next few years. She's had very surgeries, gets all types of therapies, is often by her doctor etc. My sister could really, legitimately use the Section 8.

I've heard you can transfer Section 8 after a year or before a year if you have a medical reason to do so. If you've done this I have some questions:

1. If you apply to transfer before ayear and are denied, do you lose all of your section 8 or do you just have to move to the area where you were approved?

2. Have you successfully applied for transfer before a year yourself or used a specific attorney? I wouldn't have just any attorney IME because most have no problem charging and are truly incompetent.

3. If you changed before a year, what was needed? A special application? Documentation? How long did the decision take?

Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:56 am
Bump

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:03 pm
Every county has different rules and every section 8 org has different rules. It's so nuanced.

Is there a Jewish social services dept in the place where she got section 8 or in the place where she lives? They might be able to help you. You need very detailed individualized info.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:26 pm
Try calling Community Consulting. 718-522-0200
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics