Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Recommendation for stick vac or robot vac?

superjew1

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:24 pm
Anyone have a stick vac or robot vacuum that they love?
For hard wood floors and rugs
Under $250
Efficient enough to not need a regular vacuum in addition to this one
I have a hard time getting around to vacuuming and sweeping but I need to have a cleaner house! I'm hoping getting a light cordless stick vacuum or a robot vacuum will make it less of a burdensome chore...
Thanks ladies!

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:55 pm
I am not a cleaning maven, but I believe a robot does it itself, you only need to program, where as a stick you need to do.

superjew1

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:58 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
I am not a cleaning maven, but I believe a robot does it itself, you only need to program, where as a stick you need to do.

Yes, I am aware of this. I was hoping a cordless stick vacuum would make it easier for me to do it so it doesn't feel like such a big task of getting out a huge and heavy vacuum

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:00 pm
I'm happy with the way my Roomba cleans but it's not always worth it for me to use it. You definitely need to pick things up before you start it because you don't want things to get stuck in it. Also, it takes a long time to clean. An area that I can sweep in 5 minutes can take an hour for the Roomba to vacuum. So I mostly use it if there's a time that I'll be out of the house or out of that area of the house and I don't mind it taking its time. For a last minute cleanup before shabbos or if people will be in the area I just do a quick sweep. I do appreciate that it easily gets under furniture (obviously must be high enough) whereas I can't always easily get to those spots.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry