Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
If you never vaccinated...
Previous  1  2

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 12:49 am
My dh has crohns. He got symptoms years later than when he was vaccinated. Most of the people in this country are vaccinated! So yes, there are more vaccinated people with crohns than unvaxed people with crohns!! I hate it when people keep on finding connections when anything goes wrong to any random event that might have “triggered” it!

A mom asked my pediatrician his opinion on vaccines because many people who got shots have issues. He said “well in my office I see that most boys that are curcimsised turn bald when they are 40”

nchr

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:12 am
There is an openly anti vax family in Monsey with multiple children and grandchildren with Crohn's

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:17 am
I know a lot of people who ‘cured’ their Crohns, Colitis or IBS ( including my mother) when they ate very low carb/carnivore oriented diets with little or no processed foods. Yes, it’s auto immune, and it seems that many carbs foods are very triggering.

No idea how many of them were vaccinated but you see what you want to see. I’m just happy for my mother.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 1:20 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
My dh has crohns. He got symptoms years later than when he was vaccinated. Most of the people in this country are vaccinated! So yes, there are more vaccinated people with crohns than unvaxed people with crohns!! I hate it when people keep on finding connections when anything goes wrong to any random event that might have “triggered” it!

A mom asked my pediatrician his opinion on vaccines because many people who got shots have issues. He said “well in my office I see that most boys that are curcimsised turn bald when they are 40”

LOL LOL LOL

On a separate note, and I should probably start a new thread for that, I'm curious for those of you that you're husbands have it, does he have it in a mild form?
My husband only took a colonscopy because his siblings were all going for testing as his mother died young from yene machle, and the doctors were thinking it may have been colon cancer.
My husband is completely asymptomatic

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 5:06 am
My grandmother had Crohns. She grew up in an era before vaccines.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 7:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
[/b]

LOL LOL LOL

On a separate note, and I should probably start a new thread for that, I'm curious for those of you that you're husbands have it, does he have it in a mild form?
My husband only took a colonscopy because his siblings were all going for testing as his mother died young from yene machle, and the doctors were thinking it may have been colon cancer.
My husband is completely asymptomatic

Unfortunately not mild at all. Had major abdominal surgery and multiple hospitalizations.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:47 am
I know someone who is not vaccinated at all and has chron's or colitis, not sure which one.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:51 am
All of these GI syndromes are common with ashkenazy Jews.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:11 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
All of these GI syndromes are common with ashkenazy Jews.

Yes. The doctor explained to us that Crohn's is sneaky, in that in can be anywhere from the mouth down to the backside. He said often people go for years without knowing they have it because it is so sneaky, and unfortunately they can find it when it is already not so mild anymore. Aside from the colonoscopy, the doctor prescribed a stool specimen check, blood work, and an MRI to get more details. My husband asked the doctor if perhaps we should be testing everyone's stool, as that tests the calprotectin, which is a clear indicator of inflammation. He said it's actually a good idea, and would discuss it with Drummer from the Jewish Crohn's organization.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:28 pm
This reminds me big time of an argument from a staunch anti-vaxxer. She claimed ahem ahem that..

97% (yes you read that right!!!!! ninety-seven) of New York Pediatricians are mistrustful of vaccinations and do not vaccinate their own kids.

I always find that claim beyond preposterous, plus super easy to disprove.

Any NYers (lol) out there able to prove it to her?? like I am so tempted to go out and find 97% of NY doctors DO vaccinate their kids, which I would bet money on.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:56 pm
Chrohns, like most autoimmune issues, usually needs a trigger. There are many possibilities of triggers. I know someone who never had an issue before and after she took Tamiflu she clearly developed Chrohns. But vaccines can be a big trigger so I get what the guy means but he’s incorrect - there are many possible ways to get it. Could be he was referring to a study that linked the old mmr that used to be given in the late 70s- early 80s to digestive autoimmune issues

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 2:59 pm
[quote="amother [ Mauve ]"]Chrohns, like most autoimmune issues, usually needs a trigger. There are many possibilities of triggers. I know someone who never had an issue before and after she took Tamiflu she clearly developed Chrohns. But vaccines can be a big trigger so I get what the guy means but he’s incorrect - there are many possible ways to get it. Could be he was referring to a study that linked the old mmr that used to be given in the late 70s- early 80s to digestive autoimmune issues[/

Maybe her chrohns was triggered by getting the flu and not the tamiflu?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics