Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Oak & Vine Lakewood If you bought or know s/o going there?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:27 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What state is this? I hate when people assume we all know if you are talking about the Catskills or Florida or E"Y or elsewhere. Not everyone lives intown.

Lakewood

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:49 am
Definitely Tom's River

I am seeing many families moving there
That are basically geshmaka MOs with a bekishe/streiml

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 7:55 am
Oak and Vine attracts chasidim who don’t want Toms River. The houses for rent get taken pretty quickly. There are houses still being built that you can buy. I think Imperial sells most of the houses there. We dealt with Epraim Feder and bought a house from Baron Builders. We are very happy with it.

fig

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:02 am
We bought there. Love the crowd. Houses have preach kitchens, mudrooms and 3 full bathrooms upstairs. The rental units get taken pretty fast but they are still building more that are still available to buy. Imperial Real Estate.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:26 am
Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I cant afford to buy at this time therefore would look into renting . Does anyone know up to which grade the klausenburg school has?

thrive2survive

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:48 am
I have three chassidish modern freinds that live in oak n vine. its agreta place and walking distance from evergreeen

sweet

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:58 am
There are a lot of basement apts. To rent there too.

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 11:10 am
mmyy wrote:
Long Shaitels/invite each other for Shabbos meals/man with polo shirts/English speaking

Based on this I am modern yeshivish. Wait isnt that an oxymoron?!?

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:21 pm
Just curious what part of what you described is modern?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:25 pm
sweet wrote:
There are a lot of basement apts. To rent there too.

We don’t want a basement apartment

aricelli

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:26 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Based on this I am modern yeshivish. Wait isnt that an oxymoron?!?

I hate all these terms!

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:39 pm
Having couple friends isnt fine? Fascinating. I guess I have something to look up to!

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
We don’t want a basement apartment

I know someone there who is renting a full house and the owners are living in the basement (lakewood basements aren't real basements btw)

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 8:59 pm
My brother lives there. Kids talk yiddish. Parents talk English. Chassidish. Short sheitel Very tznius and refined.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 9:56 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Definitely Tom's River

I am seeing many families moving there
That are basically geshmaka MOs with a bekishe/streiml

Very Happy

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 18 2019, 10:59 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Having couple friends isnt fine? Fascinating. I guess I have something to look up to!

Lol these were my thoughts as I was reading through the comments of "they're fine people and wouldn't have couples over for meals".

I guess different strokes for different folks.

Op someone on here coined the term chassidish lite and I like it. Has a nicer ring to it than modern chassidish Very Happy .

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 8:17 am
asmileaday wrote:
Lol these were my thoughts as I was reading through the comments of "they're fine people and wouldn't have couples over for meals".

I guess different strokes for different folks.

Op someone on here coined the term chassidish lite and I like it. Has a nicer ring to it than modern chassidish Very Happy .

Lol! I think she was saying she was very frum but didnt look that chassidish while modern chassidish would be a different shnit- aaargh!

amother
Denim

Post Fri, Jul 19 2019, 7:41 pm
I have many friends living in oak and vine ad I live close to that area. It’s chassidish short Sheitel (haven’t seen past shoulders). They’re from all over : boro park , Williamsburg, monsey . We all came for the same reason . It’s a very fine crowd Yiddish English speaking and the best it is a mix of chassidus so you won’t feel like you don’t be belong.
I don’t see how having other couples for shabbos is considered modern . Isn’t it a mitzvah to have shabbos guests ? 🤷🏻‍♀️. Anyways , drive up there look if you can fit in . There’s always Satamford meadows or Toms River .

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 8:59 pm
Im laughing at those saying how chasidish oak and vine is and the short sheitels etc... I know a group of people moving in there over the next couple months - they all wear long wigs, the men all wear polo shirts, they all speak english as their first language and all wear regular BP/Lakewood style clothing.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 9:33 pm
Ha.
Yup, we are looking to rent there for a yr. And were reg. B.P. ppl.
I drive, kids speak english, payos behind the ears, husb. Wears polos..
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating