Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Please can anyone help me decide which rooms to use

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:26 pm
For which beds/cribs
Room sizes not including master bedroom
11 x 14
17 x 9
14 x 13
12 x18

Which rooms can fit 2 twins, a crib, 2 full beds for guest?

zaq

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:34 pm
Room layout depends on many factors, among them the location and number of windows, doorways, and closets. Just giving the dimensions of the room is not very useful. Also, what other furniture do you plan to have in the room? Surely you’re not going to be furnishing the room is solely with the beds or cribs?

May I suggest that you acquire some graph paper, measure the rooms, doors, windows, and furniture, and make scale diagrams of the rooms and the furniture? Depending on the size of the squares, you can set the scale to three, four, six, or more squares per foot. Mark the location and size of the windows and doors, and make sure to allow for the swing of the doors, which you diagram as a semi circle or quarter circle depending on how far the door opens. Then cut out your scale diagrams of the furniture’s footprints and move those pieces around on your diagram of the room’s floor plan. Remember to consider that people need space to move around the furniture and not everyone is a string bean.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:43 pm
Thank you zaq! As you can see I’m a newbie at this! You gave some really helpful and practical ideas

SingALong

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:01 am
Before going to buy furniture I drew a pic of he room with windows/closetdoors, room doors etc and wrote down measurements by each item is closet door is 2 ft, so we knew how far it swung out, window width and height off the ground etc. then when I went to buy beds and stuff I was able to draw them in and get an idea of how they’d look

Oh and nothing was permanent I still moved things around over the years
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating