Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vaccine spacing schedule- for pro vaccine please

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:58 pm
Hi,

First time mom and super overwhelmed with everything as is... trying to figure out which vaccines to prioritize and how to ask my doctor to space them (I know she will be ok with it, I just don’t know what to ask for)

I remember a thread a while back where ppl posted what they did and wondering if some more experienced moms can chime in?

Also, making a list of things like baby Tylenol and thermometer etc to keep at home, if u have anything else u can think of?

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:01 pm
Can you ask your dr what she recommends? Trusting random unknown online people over your dr doesn’t sound great.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:15 pm
This is something your pediatrician is trained in and can answer all your questions Smile Hatzlacha!

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:16 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Can you ask your dr what she recommends? Trusting random unknown online people over your dr doesn’t sound great.

Agreed. I space vaccines with my pediatrician's full blessing and input. She knows far better than I do what makes the most sense, and it's very individual (based on your own circumstances). I would definitely not be comfortable relying on a schedule I picked up on imamother. Having a pediatrician you trust in all matters is really crucial.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:26 pm
you can read Dr. Bob Sears vaccine book
extreme clear description of each vaccine

nanny24/7

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 11:27 pm
Don't know about vaccine spacing but about what to have in the house...having that syringe thing that you can use to suction any mucus from the baby's nose is useful. I always got mine for free from the hospital though so maybe you have already.
Also, I have a special nail scissors at home that's meant for cutting babies nails. It's supposed to br safer than a regular one although of course you still have to be careful (I have absolutely no clue how to use a nail clipper).
A baby monitor may be useful in case baby is asleep and you want to go to a different room and still be able to hear or see what's going on.
I personally like the baby towels that are meant for wrapping a baby in after a bath with the little hoodie for the head although any towel can technically work.
Mazel tov!!
Wait this is funny. I just realized maybe you meant only what to have in the house specifically for right after giving a vaccine?
OP can you clarify?

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also, making a list of things like baby Tylenol and thermometer etc to keep at home, if u have anything else u can think of?

OP, if you are concerned about vaccines, you might also want to be concerned about giving your child Tylenol before or after vaccines as it depletes the glutathione supply (an important antioxidant that works in the brain).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:04 am
nanny24/7 wrote:
Don't know about vaccine spacing but about what to have in the house...having that syringe thing that you can use to suction any mucus from the baby's nose is useful. I always got mine for free from the hospital though so maybe you have already.
Also, I have a special nail scissors at home that's meant for cutting babies nails. It's supposed to br safer than a regular one although of course you still have to be careful (I have absolutely no clue how to use a nail clipper).
A baby monitor may be useful in case baby is asleep and you want to go to a different room and still be able to hear or see what's going on.
I personally like the baby towels that are meant for wrapping a baby in after a bath with the little hoodie for the head although any towel can technically work.
Mazel tov!!
Wait this is funny. I just realized maybe you meant only what to have in the house specifically for right after giving a vaccine?
OP can you clarify?

No I meant in general, thank you!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:06 am
daagahminayin wrote:
OP, if you are concerned about vaccines, you might also want to be concerned about giving your child Tylenol before or after vaccines as it depletes the glutathione supply (an important antioxidant that works in the brain).

Can you elaborate?

And to others, I plan on asking my doctor but wanted to hear from others what are things that worked for them as well.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:10 am
Why don't you just space them according the schedule that the doctor suggests? Don't comprehend.

The world is not out to get 'first time moms'.

daagahminayin

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:12 am
I’m afraid I can’t really elaborate well since I’m not an expert, but you could look up online the studies that show acetaminophen reduces glutathione, and what that means for the body.

I don’t use Tylenol for my baby - I try to avoid giving anything whenever possible, and use ibuprofen as a last resort.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:19 am
I didn’t find my babies needed Tylenol after vaccinating. Just some little extra nursing, cuddling and attention. I’ve asked to nurse baby while the shot is given. Some nurses mind others do not. It’s been shown to lessen the pain. For sure I try to nurse as soon as o can after to comfort.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:40 am
My Dr actually says no Tylenol after shots because it decreases the body's immune reaction and therefore the efficiency of the vaccine.

In terms of spacing: if your child is in daycare, you're best off getting them in as fast as possible because it's more likely for baby to catch something, whether the disease the shot is for or just a cold which often causes postponing the shots further.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics