Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
DD wants "period underwear" for camp. Which are best?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:17 am
My DD who got her period a few months ago wants me to buy her special underwear that will absorb blood if her pad leaks, especially during the night. I went on amazon and see tons of them . Has anyone tried any specific brands that work? Ty

sequoia

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 5:15 am
Something like Thinx?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 5:26 am
sequoia wrote:
Something like Thinx?

Those are made that you don't have to wear a pad. She doesn't want that. There are tons of companies that make underwear that absorbs leaks, while wearing a pad...ty though!

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 6:26 am
My daughter wears thinx as a back up to her tampons and loves them. They make a tween size.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 7:18 am
Who's going to wash them for her? They will end up in the same load as her white tees.

teachkids

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 7:31 am
ra_mom wrote:
Who's going to wash them for her? They will end up in the same load as her white tees.

She'll probably just need them once in the month she's at camp so she'll bring them home dirty and wash them at home.

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 7:43 am
teachkids wrote:
She'll probably just need them once in the month she's at camp so she'll bring them home dirty and wash them at home.

Depending on how soiled they get, they may start to smell especially in the heat.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 7:47 am
They should not be too soiled. It's a back up to a pad. To prevent leaks from getting on her pajamas and linen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children