Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dreaming of a tropical vacation
Previous  1  2  3  Next

pesek zman

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 6:59 am
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I’ve been to porta rico. we Had an amazing time! I have so many beautiful memories! We took a boat to an island. It was breathtaking, I literally started to cry. There is a Chabad house with a little grocery and dairy and meat restaurant/take out. They also deliver. Attractions are not very expensive there. I went in the winter, wonder what the weather is like there now

OP based on your criteria this is a great suggestion. PR is US territory. The Chabad In San Juan will deliver meals to your hotel. There are lots of high end hotel options (st Regis, Ritz Carlton) that should meet your standards

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 7:08 am
Thanks so much to all who are replying here! I'm starting to see that this may be a real possibility. I really appreciate all the information!

Please keep the suggestions coming as I am looking into them.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 8:39 am
[quote="dancingqueen"]Aruba has beautiful beaches.[

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

trixx

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:04 am
Mexico is really doable
There tons of food and it's super touristy so I wouldn't be concerned. I think cancun specifically is where people go

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 9:14 am
Cancun isn’t scary at all. Stay in the hotel strip

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:49 am
If you are wiling to travel outside of the US, how about Ashkelon, Tel Aviv, or Nachsholim (near Zichron Yaakov) in Israel? All very nice beaches and kosher food is not a problem.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:04 pm
DrMom wrote:
If you are wiling to travel outside of the US, how about Ashkelon, Tel Aviv, or Nachsholim (near Zichron Yaakov) in Israel? All very nice beaches and kosher food is not a problem.

I thought of this, but I can only go for 3 or 4 days so the flight time is not worth it when ticket prices are exorbitant! Israel is my favorite travel destination.

Do you know what the weather in beach areas in Israel is during the winter? That could work for me.....

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:42 pm
I'm like you. Dreaming of exotic sparkling beaches with light colored blue waters and white sand. I hate the steel gray waters of new Jersey and the gritty ugly sand.

I'm also dreaming of the pink sand beaches in Bermuda. .it's a dream of mine. I can't wait to make it a reality. But no kosher food afaik.

I went to the gulf Coast of Florida and loved it. Not miami. Gulf Coast near clearwater/ st Pete area had light sea green water that was crystal clear. And pure white sand that felt like flour..

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I'm like you. Dreaming of exotic sparkling beaches with light colored blue waters and white sand. I hate the steel gray waters of new Jersey and the gritty ugly sand.

I'm also dreaming of the pink sand beaches in Bermuda. .it's a dream of mine. I can't wait to make it a reality. But no kosher food afaik.

I went to the gulf Coast of Florida and loved it. Not miami. Gulf Coast near clearwater/ st Pete area had light sea green water that was crystal clear. And pure white sand that felt like flour..

Have you been to Sandy Hook? The sand is beautiful. Some people also like Montauk, especially the rocky beaches.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 1:23 pm
Bonaire has the nicest beaches I've ever seen. No kosher food that I know of.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 1:44 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

Any kosher food there? Where did you stay?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 1:45 pm
nchr wrote:
Have you been to Sandy Hook? The sand is beautiful. Some people also like Montauk, especially the rocky beaches.

You keep mentioning sandy hook and I'm intrigued. Where do you stay? Is there any kosher food? Private beach areas?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:14 pm
nchr wrote:

Do you mean Sandy Hook Beach in Middletown, NJ and the various beaches in Mauntak, NY?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:36 pm
delete.

Last edited by amother on Sat, Jan 02 2021, 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Do you mean Sandy Hook Beach in Middletown, NJ and the various beaches in Mauntak, NY?

Yes.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 2:43 pm
nchr wrote:
I just got down for a day. There is no where to stay, but the beaches are magnificent. The nude beach is even nicer, and often empty so you can ignore the nudity. Literally the prettiest thing I've seen besides for Seychelles. I prefer the beach to Hawaii.

Thanks! Since I love beaches this information will definitely come in handy! Any specific spot (not in the nude section) that you would suggest?

chagru

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 4:30 pm
What about Jamaica? There is a resort, which I'm not sure of the name, maybe something like royal Caribbean, it has thatched rooms above the water , maldive style. There is a Chabad restaurant in Montego Bay

chagru

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 4:32 pm
Turks and Caicos has stunning beaches, but no kosher food. Panama san blas Islands, no food ,though could take from panama

Last edited by chagru on Mon, Jul 22 2019, 4:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

chagru

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 4:33 pm
Another vote for cancun, or an islands off it like isla mujeres, look into it, may be an option. I felt very safe in cancun

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:44 am
I really appreciate all who replied. I will look into many of these options perhaps for other times.

For right now, I'm putting forth a challenge to all you seasoned travelers to find a place that fits ALL of this criteria

Tropical clear beautiful beaches
Kosher food available
United states territory

Any ideas? Including where you stayed and ate is extra helpful! Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics