Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What facial product can you not live without
1  2  3  Next

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:03 pm
I see so many ads for what looks like miracle products. They "get rid" of fine lines and wrinkles and make your skin smooth an young... so is there really a youth serum out there that you think works???
My friends grandmother swore by raw egg whites for 20 min.on the skin then wash with tepid water... she really did not have wrinkles! She also warned not to open a hot oven with the stuff on your face!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:08 pm
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!

chanatron1000

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 11:17 pm
Other than sunscreen and light moisturizer, many people don't need any products at all. Sometimes it does more harm than good.

jkw

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:10 am
Agree re sunscreen. It comes in so many forms now (creams, rollons, etc.) and it is the last thing I put on before going out.

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:18 am
I use two things and two things only: apricot facial scrub, and a light, oil-free moisturizer with spf. Love them both.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:19 am
I like any hydrating facial moisturizer

ruby slippers

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:36 am
I always worry about putting anything on my face, as a kid I would breakout like crazy and my face is oily, but I guess I should start some kind of real regimen at this point in my life.
I just get sucked into those infomercials and the amazing before and after pics, which are probably not real.

cinnabon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:49 am
I love the st Ives apricot scrub to exfoliate my skin like 3-4 times a week.
I Also use the first aid beauty cleanser and moisturizing primer daily before applying makeup

aliavi

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:28 pm
I don’t use a physical exfoliant (like the apricot scrub) on the advice of a dermatologist. I have dry skin and I love The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid toner. It’s my can’t live without product. And Cerve PM (layered).

lone

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 1:53 pm
aliavi wrote:
I don’t use a physical exfoliant (like the apricot scrub) on the advice of a dermatologist. I have dry skin and I love The Ordinary’s Glycolic Acid toner. It’s my can’t live without product. And Cerve PM (layered).

The glycolic toner doesn’t make ur skin dry?
My skin is oily but after the use of the toner, my skin becomes drier

aliavi

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:47 pm
lone wrote:
The glycolic toner doesn’t make ur skin dry?
My skin is oily but after the use of the toner, my skin becomes drier

That brand is the only I have used. It stings a little and then I moisturize after. I think with taking away the dead surface my skin is more moisturized looking and feeling.

elaela

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:48 pm
nivea soft
clinique all about eyes
mac fix n prime settingspray

I shoulf look for a good cleanser and moisturiser, but I wasnt yet successful in finding a really good one that works for me, so I currently just use any and they are okayish

MiriFr

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 5:51 pm
ariela wrote:
nivea soft
clinique all about eyes
mac fix n prime settingspray

I shoulf look for a good cleanser and moisturiser, but I wasnt yet successful in finding a really good one that works for me, so I currently just use any and they are okayish

Aveeno makes the best face washes.
Ponds and neutrogena make the best moisturizers.

Make sure you are looking for 2% salicylic acid as the active ingredient in face wash.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:20 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....65136

Jojoba oil!

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:17 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=365136

Jojoba oil!

Thanks for the great link- but I am guessing I'll still need a sunscreen with it. The sunscreen would go on after correct?

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:19 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!

Thanks! Just bought myself some- had a coupon from CVS so even better!

nchr

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:20 pm
Baking soda.
Apple cider vinegar. Just a little bit.
Avoiding the sun.
Wash off makeup!

ruby slippers

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:53 pm
nchr wrote:
Baking soda.
Apple cider vinegar. Just a little bit.
Avoiding the sun.
Wash off makeup!

What do I do with all of this- aside for a science experiment? Do I make a scrub and use it to wash my face?

nchr

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:28 am
eema1 wrote:
What do I do with all of this- aside for a science experiment? Do I make a scrub and use it to wash my face?

Wash off makeup.
Scrub face with a baking soda paste and leave on - your face will be whiteish.
Wait a few minutes and wash off.
Take a cotton ball - dip a little bit of apple cider vinegar. Apply sparingly around your face- do not get it in your eyes. Wash off after 5 minutes or earlier if it burns you. Be careful and do a skin test before because some people get very irritated from apple cider vinegar.

familyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:40 am
Dove soap and oil of Olay
Keep it simple
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars