Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
SIDS and Vaccines
Previous  1  2  3  4

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:13 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Would you mind explaining?
He says on there "if we do a really good job at vaccines, we'll limit the population growth, and thus limit the amount of co2 in the environment "

They're having a conversation on how to slow global warming...

He is referring to cultural norms where women have many children in order to replace the ones who die. Vaccines would prevent the deaths of the children so that women could have small families like people do in modern countries.
He is also trying to change the culture toward having fewer children and giving better opportunities to each one. He obviously blames climate change on overpopulation.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:51 am
southernbubby wrote:
He is referring to cultural norms where women have many children in order to replace the ones who die. Vaccines would prevent the deaths of the children so that women could have small families like people do in modern countries.
He is also trying to change the culture toward having fewer children and giving better opportunities to each one. He obviously blames climate change on overpopulation.

I'm not understanding how the explanation you gave limits the co2 in the environment....

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:59 am
I'm not understanding how the explanation you gave limits the co2 in the environment....

There is a belief that overpopulation of our planet is a major contributing factor to excess levels of co2 in the environment.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:13 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
There is a belief that overpopulation of our planet is a major contributing factor to excess levels of co2 in the environment.

I understand that.
But I understood from Bill Gates's words is that if we do a really good job at vaccines, then we will limit the population growth. Huh?! What does that mean?

Banging head Surprised

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:17 pm
I understand that.
But I understood from Bill Gates's words is that if we do a really good job at vaccines, then we will limit the population growth. Huh?! What does that mean?

Banging head Surprised

People in developing countries have large families because they don't have access to all of the vaccines, and they don't know how many of their children will survive until adulthood. If the mortality rates went down thanks to vaccines, people would limit their family size and thus reduce the world population.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:25 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
People in developing countries have large families because they don't have access to all of the vaccines, and they don't know how many of their children will survive until adulthood. If the mortality rates went down thanks to vaccines, people would limit their family size and thus reduce the world population.

Interesting. Thnx for explaining!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 12:48 pm
It isn't a diabolical plot to undermine already disadvantaged people in developing countries.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics