Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I can't get to myself!!!
1  2  Next

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:37 pm
I heard about the terrible tragedy that happened in Monroe today, I can't get to myself! I'm so so shaken up! You send a child to daycamp and.... oh my! Hashem we need moshiach! When will it end??

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:45 pm
I know. BDE. I develop anxiety in the three weeks every year. There are always constant tzaros and freak accidents (which are obviously all being orchestrated by Hashem) and I get so scared.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:14 pm
What happened?

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:16 pm
Not to hijack, but what does “I can’t get to myself “ mean?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:17 pm
zaq wrote:
Not to hijack, but what does “I can’t get to myself “ mean?

She’s in a state of shock.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:18 pm
finallyamommy wrote:
What happened?

A closet fell on a 7 yr old girl in daycamp this afternoon and she passed away.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:20 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
A closet fell on a 7 yr old girl in daycamp this afternoon and she passed away.

What!? Baruch Dayan HaEmes.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:57 pm
I need to tell my kid. She saw an ambulance and "tooons, efsher 7 hatzula cars. Cuz it was a scary call. And a kid fell. But then they saw it wasn't a scary call" (her words)

Now I need to tell her it was indeed a scary call. She's only 6 Sad
And mind you, every day I send my kids off I pray they arrive home safely. This is so terrifying. "I" need someone to tell me it'll be ok. Crying

I cannot begin to imagine what this family must be going through.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:03 pm
Oh my goodness! Baruch Dayon HaEmes! Crying

cinnabon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:10 pm
I read about it in the news before... such a shocking and tragic story. I can’t even imagine the amount of pain the family must be going through. A mother sends off her healthy child to Daycamp and her whole life turns upside down without any warning.
So many tzaros in Klal Yisroel. And there are always such sad tragedies in the summer. When I hear a tragedy I try to see how I can improve my middos, my speech, I try to be grateful for what I have... but what message is Hashem really trying to show us??
I’m so scared for the safety of my family , my kids, my husband ..
Mashiach now!!!!

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:13 pm
It's such a misa meshina, a horrible way to go. I can not even begin to imagine the anguish of the parents. I'm crying Crying Crying
How does such a thing happen???? I send off my kids every day and beg hashem they return safely, the summer is such an anxiety ridden time for me. So many tzaros yisroel, my heart is broken.

Marathon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:19 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
I need to tell my kid. She saw an ambulance and "tooons, efsher 7 hatzula cars. Cuz it was a scary call. And a kid fell. But then they saw it wasn't a scary call" (her words)

And mind you, every day I send my kids off I pray they arrive home safely. This is so terrifying. "I" need someone to tell me it'll be ok. Crying

Why tell her what happened? she wont be able to sleep at night. shes only a kid

simba

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:28 pm
I’m seriously nauseous from his news. How does Hashem expect us to pick up and pretend it’s normal?
How can I send to kids to camp tomorrow without having major anxiety?
I’m so sad for these parents. Pain that I can’t even fathom.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:36 pm
Marathon, it happened at her daughters school while the girls were in school. She'll anyways hear about it in school tomorrow, it's better she hear it from her mother first.

yersp

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:47 pm
Is it true the teacher/shadow was arrested?
This was a special needs child who climbed the cabinet and it fell over. Crying

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:00 pm
yersp wrote:
Is it true the teacher/shadow was arrested?
This was a special needs child who climbed the cabinet and it fell over. Crying

She's home. Sounds like they did some questioning. Protocol....
This is a kid who had some hyperactivity/impulsively issues. Was in mainstream camp with a shadow.

Either way, doesn't matter how it happened. It was destined for her to go. But beshefer zeeser how are we supposed to go on???

And yes I had to tell my kid. She saw the whole commotion. My neighbors kid saw the girl....
She'll hear about it in camp tomorrow.
Chances are if I don't tell her she'll hear about it from other kids with full of scary heads and tails added to the story.
And she'll be at camp where it happened without her mother being there.....

We had someone from the community and from chai lifeline guide us how to tell the kids.....
She's in bed now. I wonder if she'll be able to fall asleep.

She such a smarty pants. Wanted to know why I had to tell her and why I didn't let her hear about it at camp.....
She chapped that this was a "conversation" although it tried to not make it into an official conversation.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:02 pm
Tzutzie wrote:

Perhaps they will have guidance counselors and therapists to speak to the kids tomorrow? They usually provide those types of services when students lose a schoolmate tragically. It’s not simple.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:03 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Perhaps they will have guidance counselors and therapists to speak to the kids tomorrow? They usually provide those types of services when students lose a schoolmate tragically. It’s not simple.

They will to answer questions. But first a mother needs to tell the kids.... amd they are prepping the counselors at camp too....

clowny

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:13 pm
Tzutzie, I too just finished a lengthy talk with my 8 year old who watched the scene. I followed Mrs. Mittleman from chai lifeline and I’m hoping she’ll fall asleep. She’s petrified. She came home all hysterical that there were 14 hatzolah cars, 1 ambulance and an helicopter.
Hashem please send moshiach.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:17 pm
Oy it's so scary for kids to witness such a horrible tragedy.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics