Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Happiness Cipher- New serial in Binah by Etka G!
  Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 5:06 pm
It's being stretched out way to long.....its has lost its spark a few weeks ago

momofqts

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:22 pm
I missed last week's Binah. Can someone give short recap of the 2 serials?

Flip Flops

Post Wed, Jun 26 2019, 9:48 pm
Scotty, Pls just tell me ull turn it into a book - I don't read the Binah all the time and I'm having crazy fomo!!!

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:00 am
ok... so will we finally find out next week what actually happened?!

Did people actually live like that back then? How did anyone survive?

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:24 am
Code:

How did anyone survive?

https://books.google.com/books.....false

cbsp

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:52 am
amother [ Taupe ] wrote:
Code:

How did anyone survive?

https://books.google.com/books.....false

Thank you!

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Jul 11 2019, 11:32 am
we still dont know what happened. Morrie finished his story, saying he doesnt know what happened between harry & leo.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 10:23 pm
Proceed only if you have read the latest installment....

Is Srul on the run? Did he commit a crime and get "killed" and "buried" to throw them off the scent? Is he walking around incognito?

Who told Birdie to "ask Issy"? I'm hunting around for old Binas to try to piece it together!

Issy's sudden appearances and seeming ability to jump into Harry's thoughts made me think he is a kind of alter ego.... but maybe not!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 22 2019, 10:48 pm
Miri1 wrote:
Proceed only if you have read the latest installment....

Is Srul on the run? Did he commit a crime and get "killed" and "buried" to throw them off the scent? Is he walking around incognito?

Who told Birdie to "ask Issy"? I'm hunting around for old Binas to try to piece it together!

Issy's sudden appearances and seeming ability to jump into Harry's thoughts made me think he is a kind of alter ego.... but maybe not!

I never thought Srul might be alive. I assumed Issy is Srul talking to Harry's conscience.
Why did Morrie say that Issy/Srul? was a good man. Were we supposed to assume otherwise?
I think when Leo spoke to Birdie in the restaurant he said go ask Issy. Which makes me think that in Harry's fevers he spoke about Issy. So Leo knows Issy is very much alive to Harry and is mocking Harry. Am I making sense??

Also, Morrie kept saying Gabriel had said.... What did he chap now that Gabriel said?

I'm enjoying this novel immensely! Every time I read it I feel the story in real time. I felt mosquito bites itching, I heard the flys buzzing, I tasted the red sand between my teeth, and the bile crawled up my throat when they were sick! Thank you Etka Gittel!!

SYA

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:06 pm
When Birdie went to the frum Shul with Harry wasn’t there a man Issy that was talking to him?
It can’t be Srul or he would’ve realized that Birdie isn’t really his cousin.

SYA

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:09 pm
What did Leo and Morrie do to Creswell that Birdie thinks they’re also in danger from him?

Creswell turned Leo against Harry, so why would he also be against Leo?

Miri1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:16 pm
SYA wrote:
When Birdie went to the frum Shul with Harry wasn’t there a man Issy that was talking to him?
It can’t be Srul or he would’ve realized that Birdie isn’t really his cousin.

He may not have actually seen Birdie. We don't hear of them coming face to face.
If this is an actual physical person, he is always lurking in the shadows.

Issy also caught up with Harry and tried to convince him it was wrong to marry Beile when Leo first suggested it.

Miri1

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:19 pm
I'm trying to remember.... did that Scotsman that Creswell stayed with admit to killing Srul?

losingweight

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:52 am
I don't remember the Scotsman admitting anything, but I do remember Harry having a conversation in shul with a man named Issy. If Issy is Srul, why did Harry take Leo to Sruls grave? bit confused...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:20 am
He was having a conversation with his conscience/imaginary 'friend' Issy.
No one else in the series is being seen talking to issy except him.
Maybe Leiby called him Srul in the old country, but he was Issy in Africa?
losingweight wrote:
I don't remember the Scotsman admitting anything, but I do remember Harry having a conversation in shul with a man named Issy. If Issy is Srul, why did Harry take Leo to Sruls grave? bit confused...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:21 am
Yoish, I really need to read this as a book when it comes out. So much stuff in the beginning that were hints and red herrings that we didnt put togehter.
Miri1 wrote:
I'm trying to remember.... did that Scotsman that Creswell stayed with admit to killing Srul?

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:25 am
Miri1 wrote:

I think so. He ripped his clothes to shreds but couldn't find the diamonds. Then he sat in prison for killing a man.

losingweight

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:30 am
mama bear I didn't realize that while reading. You're right. I need to reread from the beginning. This is all so typical EG. Looking forward for tomorrow.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 9:50 pm
I didnt get my binah yet, as I'm gonna get it tomorrow, but my sister sent me this page from hers. I'm so curious now! This is a very succinct explanation. What jumped out to me is that 'no one seems to know Srul, not even Morrie." So who exactly IS Srul? Who is Issy? Is srul/Issy alive?!

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:15 pm
Ok Etka G- Now you got me!! I don't know how I'm gonna wait till next Monday.
I wish I would have saved all my old Binahs. Now I'm desperately trying to remember what happened in previous issues.

Did Harry really kill Srul?? I still think in the end Harry will realize it wasn't him who killed Srul, but his conscious is forcing him to think it was.

But with all the focus on Harry, I'm still mad at Birdie for not confessing. She's totally stringing Harry along for the ride. I hope she's not 15 years older than him... And I would love to meet her in person and enjoy her depth and deep character she has hidden.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the romance and interaction between them Harry and Birdie.
Page 6 of 17   Previous  1  2  3 5  6  7 15  16  17  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room