Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Best place to buy a Generator near Lakewood, NJ

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:56 pm
Whats the best place to buy a Generator near Lakewood, NJ (because of no power)?

How many watts does the average one family house need, and how much more if they have slightly bigger appliances?

TIA

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 10:30 pm
Im pretty sure For Tec advertises in BP or Voice that they do generators. It seems to be a frum place. This is their website
http://fortechgenerators.com/

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 12:05 am
I don’t think you can just go out and buy a generator for a house.
It’s something that a company has to install for you. (I think)

thanks

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:23 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

There are generators that run on gasoline that you can purchase in lowes or home depot. Maybe you could even rent from a tool rental. We had one during Irene. We ee surprised that e were able to run 2 fridges, 2 freezers, lights, and washing machine. It blew once when my daughter tried blow drying her hair. You need to keep refilling with gas from the gas station
You can also install a generator that runs on natural gas. Those go on automatically when there's a blackout and the whole house can run on it.

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:39 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

You can buy a portable that will run for a few hours. We have a gas that can run for as long as needed. My house is wired for this. The power will go to the refrigerators & freezers and other main appliances. It will go to the ceiling lights and GFI outlets. So I can run a blow dryer but not a floor lamp. Air conditioning is also a priority.

You can get a gas generator at home depot.

normal1

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:40 am
If you plan on running extension cords to power the appliances and put temporary lighting then a portable generator will work. My guess is you want a built in one so that the air conditioner will work, and for that you will need a licensed electrician to install.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries