Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Forgetting children in cars
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:42 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Once I was with my husband, another time on my own, but I was giving a ride to some people. This has never happened when it was just me. The being out of routine thing is definitely true. In any case in both cases I/we remembered pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure even on very hot days a baby can't die in 10 minutes. (although they would be horribly miserable). In that very long article someone cited babies were left for much much longer.

It wasn't summertime in either case and I live in a very cool climate. (obviously, this could happen on a hot day - but bh those 2 cases were on cool days)

Also, it is true that this was twice in about 20 years of being a mother.

Actually in the heat of the summer it can unfortunately happen in a lot less then 10 minutes... in just a couple of minutes the car reaches dangerous heat levels...

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 7:54 pm
I fell asleep and was left alone on a school bus when I was very young.

Marathon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:42 pm
I have this and its great it really works. As soon as you shut off the motor, it rings that the baby is in the car but if hes not in the car, it wont ring.
Its really easy to install with one piece connected to the car seat and one piece connected to the car
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:54 pm
Amothet burgundy, it can unfortunately take less then 10 minutes for a baby to suffocate to death in a car that's over 100 degrees.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:14 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Once I was with my husband, another time on my own, but I was giving a ride to some people. This has never happened when it was just me. The being out of routine thing is definitely true. In any case in both cases I/we remembered pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure even on very hot days a baby can't die in 10 minutes. (although they would be horribly miserable). In that very long article someone cited babies were left for much much longer.

It wasn't summertime in either case and I live in a very cool climate. (obviously, this could happen on a hot day - but bh those 2 cases were on cool days)

Also, it is true that this was twice in about 20 years of being a mother.

Unfortunately, a baby can go into cardiac arrest in 10 minutes Sad The car gets crazy hot really really fast.

Seashell

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:30 pm
Marathon wrote:
I have this and its great it really works. As soon as you shut off the motor, it rings that the baby is in the car but if hes not in the car, it wont ring.
Its really easy to install with one piece connected to the car seat and one piece connected to the car
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.c......html

This is exactly what I want!!! Did u buy the evenflo car seat or just the pieces and attach to your own car seat?
Unfortunately one of the 3 parts is out of stock.

Marathon

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 11:23 pm
Seashell wrote:
This is exactly what I want!!! Did u buy the evenflo car seat or just the pieces and attach to your own car seat?
Unfortunately one of the 3 parts is out of stock.

Thats upsetting Sad
I bought the 3 parts

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:16 pm
IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANYONE

I am so so paranoid that I developed a system with my husband.

We have a designated Whatsapp chat called "Car Safety"

We both have reminders on our phone set to beep 15 minutes after carpool drop off

Whoever does drop off is expected to take a picture of the empty backseat and post it in the Car Safety chat.

the reminders go off in our phone so if the person forgot to send the picture, they go to the car and check. The other person who didn't get the picture is reminded to check in and make sure the picture is taken

its not foolproof but its something.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 2:26 pm
So many people experience brain fog & so so so many people exsist day to day extremely sleep deprived going everywhere half in a trance and out of habit. The always checking the car seats is a wonderful safety measure.

Shoshie

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 3:58 pm
Yad Sarah in Israel developed a small sensor, the taf tsefa, as a solution for forgetting children in cars. The device consists of two pieces, one on the baby's car seat and one attached to the adult's key ring. The sensor on the key ring sounds an alarm when it's more than 10 meters from the baby's sensor - preventing tragedy.

In Israel the device can be borrowed for free (a deposit of 40 NIS) from Yad Sarah stores throughout the country.

This link is a photo of the two pieces of the sensor device:
https://I.imgur.com/PdOswFG.jpg

This link is a link to a very short video dramatization:
YouTube
or if that link doesn't work, go to youtube and type in הפיתון למניעת שיכחת תינוקות ברכב.

Last edited by Shoshie on Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:25 pm
I worked for a bit as an intern in Israel, and my job was near a boys' elementary school. I was walking to work one day, and I heard a baby shrieking. I couldn't locate the source at first, but then I saw a wiggling infant in a car and screaming his little lungs out. The window was cracked halfway. I ran over to the car and started yanking on the handle. A second later, I hear this lady yelling at me in Hebrew that she just had to pick up her kid from kindergarten, and she gave me this disgusted look that I tried breaking into her car. I yelled right back at her.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics