Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacationing with Baby

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:47 pm
This will be our first year vacationing with a baby. (She's 9 months old)
I have a couple of concerns and I am not sure how to go about them:

We rented one hotel room so she'll be sleeping with us - I guess we are just going to keep the lights off and not make a peep once she is sleeping?
And I guess we will be stuck in the hotel room after she goes to sleep?
Should we get a baby carrier? Or just use a stroller?

I know these questions may sound stupid but I'm just overwhelmed and I'm hoping those of you with experience in this area can give me some good tips.

essie14

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 8:49 pm
Definitely get a baby carrier. I liked the lillebaby 360.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:38 pm
It's actually a pretty easy and doable age because she isn't all over yet and talking

Enjoy!

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:43 pm
Can you cancel your hotel? I would try to get an airbnb or hotel suite with a separate space for her and a kitchen- would make life more pleasant. If not, maybe you can hang out in the bathroom once she goes to sleep.

Yes bring a carrier!

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:52 pm
Your vacation hotel might have a balcony that you can spend time one once baby is sleeping.

tichellady

Post Tue, Jul 23 2019, 9:56 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
It's actually a pretty easy and doable age because she isn't all over yet and talking

Enjoy!

Depends on your baby! Not an easy age with mine as she had started crawling and wanted to touch and knock over everything. Op, I think having realistic expectations may help. Also maybe look into hiring a babysitter at night so you can go out once she is asleep

Raisin

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 1:00 am
You could let her fall asleep in the stroller and go out in the evening.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:38 pm
Thanks everyone! It isn't an option for us to get a bigger suite...
I did hear of a pop up enclosure that goes around a pack 'n play, but that was a few years ago... Does such a thing exist?

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:40 pm
We always put the baby in the pack n play in the bathroom. Worked so well! And before we went to bed we used the lobby bathroom. Made vacation so much more pleasant Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:45 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
We always put the baby in the pack n play in the bathroom. Worked so well! And before we went to bed we used the lobby bathroom. Made vacation so much more pleasant Smile

So I've seen this mentioned on many blogs - but what do you do about showers? Brushing teeth? Need bathroom in middle of the night? Or after zex?... It sounds like a great idea, but I just can't figure out the details.

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 8:52 pm
Teach your baby resilience early. I love the Ergobaby personally. Bring that plus a stroller; and putting the baby down with a little background noise will teach the baby to fall asleep easier as they get older.
Enjoy!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 9:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So I've seen this mentioned on many blogs - but what do you do about showers? Brushing teeth? Need bathroom in middle of the night? Or after zex?... It sounds like a great idea, but I just can't figure out the details.

Took showers before baby went to sleep
Brushed teeth in the sink quietly
We’ve done some crazy things which I won’t detail here when needed to pee in middle of night. Just use your imagination Smile

tichellady

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 9:11 pm
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Teach your baby resilience early. I love the Ergobaby personally. Bring that plus a stroller; and putting the baby down with a little background noise will teach the baby to fall asleep easier as they get older.
Enjoy!

I don’t think it really works like that, maybe with some babies, but some definitely need quiet, just like some adults are light sleepers and some are not

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 10:06 pm
I have slept in hotels many times with a baby/toddler... we put the pack n play in the furthest corner possible (sometimes in that little hallway between the closet and bathroom if there is one... and we use a noise machine- but we use a noise machine at home too so not sure if this works for kids that dont use one regularly

Ellie7

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 4:25 am
Totally agree on getting a baby carrier. Though, you might want to try to borrow one to see if your baby likes it—and if you find it comfortable.

You can also hang out in the hallway right outside your door after the baby is asleep.

Also, go to bed early! Sounds like a good vacation thing to do!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics