Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Calzone using frozen dough, easy recipe?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 21 2019, 3:42 pm
I have frozen pizza dough,and would like to make calzones using an easy recipe. Ideas anyone?

Last edited by allthingsblue on Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:22 am; edited 2 times in total

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 7:58 pm
Bump

cholentfan1

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 5:16 am
I like the sound of calzones.
Not sure if a really thick filling or really thin filling would work best-maybe go heavier on mushrooms and make sure it's creamy more than cheesy because I think it's the cheese that doesn't taste as good when it's colder.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:21 am
Thanks. I might serve for dinner tonight instead of lunch at work, so recipes that are good fresh would work as well

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:22 am
I just google for a recipe. I use my regular pizza dough, put in any fillings, fold over and bake. Takes longer then pizza and might be at a lower temp.

gigi3

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:30 am
I use reg pizza dough. Fill with the same amount of shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese and add any sautéed veggies (I used onions an mushrooms). Fold dough to close it, egg it, seed it and bake uncovered.

Tirza

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 7:48 am
Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on a frozen pizza dough round. Place 2-3 spoonfuls of sauteed, grilled, or roasted vegetables (onions, garlic, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach, olives, etc.) on one half of the dough. Don't overfill or it will open and leak while baking. Sprinkle with a bit of shredded cheese (again, not too much). Carefully fold over and seal by pinching the edges of the dough together with your fingers. Cut a few small slits on top with a sharp knife. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional). Bake at 375-400 for about 15 minutes, until dough is brown and puffy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals