Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Not again, Lakewood....

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:31 pm
@LakewoodScoop: BREAKING - FIRST REPORT: Financial Crisis forces Closure of Lakewood's Yesodos Bais Yaakov High School For Girls - https://t.co/6It1PQsGpB

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:41 pm
So what happens to the girls enrolled? Do they have to go through the process of finding a school all over again?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 4:50 pm
I don't understand it. 60 girls is already a decent size. Why is this happening yet again?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:09 pm
because it's expensive to run a school. Either you need to have money from somewhere else- aka big donor or everyone paying full tuition...it's actually surprising how many schools are somehow managing.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:28 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
because it's expensive to run a school. Either you need to have money from somewhere else- aka big donor or everyone paying full tuition...it's actually surprising how many schools are somehow managing.

Lots of secret chesed

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:38 pm
I know the Greens. They did not take over this school for the glory (as there was very little glory involved) such a selfless act and look how it's ending. Terrible 💔

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jul 24 2019, 5:54 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't understand it. 60 girls is already a decent size. Why is this happening yet again?

For a high school? That's 15 girls per grade, with a need for teachers in multiple subjects. It doesn't sound sustainable.

Hoping all of those girls, and the staff, quickly find places.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 9:53 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I know the Greens. They did not take over this school for the glory (as there was very little glory involved) such a selfless act and look how it's ending. Terrible 💔

This. Wonderful people.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:01 am
Don't live in lakewood and have never heard of this school, but that is so sad both for a girls and for the teachers who now need to scramble to find a job this late in the game Sad

watergirl

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:20 am
As a side note, I am disgusted with how TLS reports "news". They take things that are tragic and seem to rejoice in it because its a "scoop", which, I know, is the name of the site. But we as rachmanim are held to a higher level and should not be reporting these things in this very insensitive manner. After how they reported on Rabbi Bauman as "breaking news", I am truly disgusted.

The graphic in this "story" is revolting. A "Sorry We're Closed" sign? REALLY?? These are REAL PEOPLE who are impacted here. Not just these poor girls and their families who have to scramble now. Also the teachers, cleaning crew, everyone who depended on this job.

Not cool.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics