Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Chicken pox

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 10:06 am
HI!
My neighbors had the chicken pox last week, and ds was exposed.
10 days has passed already, can it be he wont get it?
he did not get the shot.
has anyone ever had this, that thier child was exposed, but didnt get it then, but did get it another time??

justanothermother

Post Mon, Jun 25 2007, 10:10 am
The incubation period can be up to three weeks. But yes you can be exposed but not actually get the virus. Maybe there wasn't direct contact.

Jo

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 7:23 am
Incubation for chickenpox is usually about 2 weeks so give it a few more days and see what happens...
Fore sure he can be exposed and not get the virus.

CAYA

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 3:57 pm
why not give the chicken pox shot?

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 4:06 pm
beauty both my boys were exposed and never got it. I didn't give the shot yet because I'm not sure if they areimmune or not... what tod you think. one was exposed by 10 children in his gan and I'ms ure the oter was also exposed.

is it really badifthey get it when they are older??

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 4:57 pm
it could be lo oleinu deadly if they get it as adults!

amother

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 5:20 pm
It is really bad to have it as an adult. I did...when I was pregnant. I had been exposed countless times as a kid, never got it. When I got married, I had a blood test to see if I was inmmune, it said I was. So, I did not get the shot. Well, while pregnant with my 6th I was unknowingly exposed out-of-town on a trip (found out much later that chicken pox was going around). I got the chicken pox in my 30th week. Pretty scary. Oh, and I found out from my new doctor that those blood test to confirm the immunity are not always 100% accurate. Obviously! I would have been much better off getting the shot before I had my first child!

ChavieK

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 6:12 pm
My 8 yr old never got the shot.He was exposed a few times & didn't get it. When he started school, my dr had to sign a note for me that I refused to give the shot but he only agreed to it if I promised him that I would give the shot if ds didn't get it by puberty. Well last year ds got chicken pox. He got it from the boys in his class who mostly had the vaccine. My son had the mildest case.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 6:51 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
it could be lo oleinu deadly if they get it as adults!

Must say I have never heard of adults dying from chicken pox. Chicken pox and shingles is the same virus, and in adults it can be very painful, but not deadly.

ChavieK

Post Wed, Jul 25 2007, 9:58 pm
The reason I agreed to my dr stipulation that I would vacinate ds before his teen years is because a cousin of mine got chicken pox from her children & died.

Coke Slurpee

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:26 pm
The chicken pox vaccine is only good for ten years.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 10:16 am
I thought the vaccine means they will get chicken pox but on a much lesser scale? Is that correct?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics