Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Mayakoba, Cancun kosher food?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 10:40 am
I am iyh traveling to mayakoba and would love to hear from people who have BTDT in terms of the kosher food available. It is always better to hear from people with experience as opposed to just trying to figure things out online.

Everyone keeps directing me to the chabad food ordering service. Would love to hear from people who have used it. The food choice is quite limited and I'm not thrilled about making one order per day and having the hotel hold it and warm it up. The thought of ordering a tuna biegel the night before and keeping it in a fridge for the next day lunch and paying 18 dollars for it is not so appetizing.....

Any other ideas or leads? Would very much appreciate it.

I will be staying in the bonyas tree mayakoba at the end of August iyh

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:35 am
I would bring tuna in pouches rather than order a tuna sandwich for $18. These travel very well and come in individual size packages - one is enough for a sandwich. I know that is very specific and you are asking larger issues regarding food but at least you would have a few meals taken care of.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:41 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I would bring tuna in pouches rather than order a tuna sandwich for $18. These travel very well and come in individual size packages - one is enough for a sandwich. I know that is very specific and you are asking larger issues regarding food but at least you would have a few meals taken care of.

Thanks! I was under the impression that I may not bring fish, meat, or cheese into the country. Also, you're right, I really would like not to have to be busy with food. Just looking to see of there are others who've had better experiences with food there.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:43 am
Try asking on the kosher foodie group on fb. You’ll get lots of targeted responses

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! I was under the impression that I may not bring fish, meat, or cheese into the country. Also, you're right, I really would like not to have to be busy with food. Just looking to see of there are others who've had better experiences with food there.

Not to belabor with a specific example of tuna but often restrictions on food are for non-processed types of food - I.e. someone bringing in raw fish or meat in a Tupperware container.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:54 am
pesek zman wrote:
Try asking on the kosher foodie group on fb. You’ll get lots of targeted responses

I am not on Facebook, but I will try to get someone who is to check it out. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:55 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Not to belabor with a specific example of tuna but often restrictions on food are for non-processed types of food - I.e. someone bringing in raw fish or meat in a Tupperware container.

I was told that people had closed packages taken away from them, but I will try to clarify. Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 11:56 am
I just wanted to clarify that I don't mind spending money for the convenience of prepared food, but I just want it to make sense.....

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 12:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just wanted to clarify that I don't mind spending money for the convenience of prepared food, but I just want it to make sense.....

I understood. Who wants to spend $18 on a cold stale tuna sandwich if there are more delicious alternatives. Very Happy

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:49 pm
Hi any updates on the kosher food options in Mayakoba Cancun? What kind of food can we get ready?

wifeandmore

Post Mon, Jan 13 2020, 7:55 pm
Ive never been but My in laws got from chabad Cancun and were so happy. They got delivered the hotel and raved about it for months

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:10 am
Yes! Chez Chaya on Instagram has been there a lot and she spoke about where you can buy food there. Chabad of that area has delicious food and salads, and there is also a way to get the chefs at Banyan Tree to cook your food in your own pots. Let me see if there's a way to find out the info, hold on.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:15 am
Here it is!
https://www.instagram.com/stor.....6459/

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jan 14 2020, 7:16 am
here's more info. a simple google search wouldve brought you al lthe answers...
https://www.totallyjewishtrave.....exico

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jan 23 2022, 7:19 pm
Any updates regarding food in bananyan tree? Chabad doesn't offer a lot of options and there pretty expensive.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Jan 24 2022, 7:32 am
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics