Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
S/O - newer double uppababy vista vs. side by side

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 10:59 pm
Does anyone have specific experience with the 2016+ Uppababy Vista with second seat vs. lets say a mountain buggy or baby monster (which are both the basically same width as the Uppababy)?

I've been researching old threads comparing tandem with side by sides but I know Uppababy has improved the second seat situation since the older models so I'm wondering if opinions have changed.

I already have a single Uppababy and trying to decide if its worth selling and getting a side by side. I live in a community where I both walk a lot and utilize the massive basket as well as drive a lot too.

amother
Linen

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:57 pm
Following... I also own the new uppa baby Vista and I'm due soon.... My DS currently uses the stroller at times but I don't want to invest in a double stroller for just a short while (I also mostly drive) and I was wondering if people are happy with the uppa baby as a double (it would come out much cheaper)

amother
Copper

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 11:59 pm
Try out both. With the weight of a toddler in both seats. That's really the only way to know what will work for you.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 6:52 am
I have the mountain buggy duet which I prefer as I don't like the idea of one being squashed under the other. I also feel like the weighting is off with the tandems-going up and down kerbs etc is much harder. It also feels longer than my duet and is the same width! Uppababy still doesn't have the same flexibility to lie completely flat etc.
Also you will lose your wonderful sized basket as the second seat slots into the basket.
I'd suggest physically trying them out-going to a store-
also stopping people on the street, or asking friends to play with their strollers. I've been asked by people before about my stroller and I'm happy to tell people what I love and hate.
If you mostly drive it's probably not worth investing loads of money in something different -uppababy is a good double, but if you mostly walk, the side by sides might work out better.

Also if you're older one mostly walks-the uppababy buggyboard is quite good and might be worth getting instead of a seat
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics