Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
How do you toilet train with a baby around

muss

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 5:45 am
How do you leave a potty out when a one year old is always touching it? I'm having such a hard time with it

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 5:49 am
Why can’t your 1 year old touc it? As long as it’s cleaned after used, what’s the issue?

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:33 am
I have a bathroom very central near the kitchen, I leave the potty in there with door closed. I never saw benefit of having it in the living room, it’s close enough.

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:37 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I have a bathroom very central near the kitchen, I leave the potty in there with door closed. I never saw benefit of having it in the living room, it’s close enough.

I didn’t at all get that the potty would be in the living room. Ewww. Not my thing. A child ready for toilet training can use a potty in the bathroom

ectomorph

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 6:39 am
Our potty is in the living room. It takes my kids a long time from when they're trained until they can go to the toilet by themselves, and they find a potty much easier if it's right there.

We clean it immediately and yes sometimes the baby gets in it. If its dry and clean its no big deal.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:45 am
I keep it in the bathroom with the door closed. But as long as it's clean, It's ok if the baby touches or plays with it.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:49 am
Am I the only one too grossed out to deal with a little potty? My kids start out on the toilet right away (with a little seat on top).

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:58 am
I'm also grossed out but most of my kids were terrified to be trained on the toilet so I needed to use a potty. And for those that only have 1 bathroom, a potty is a must.
Doing gross tasks is part of parenthood....

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 8:03 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
I'm also grossed out but most of my kids were terrified to be trained on the toilet so I needed to use a potty. And for those that only have 1 bathroom, a potty is a must.
Doing gross tasks is part of parenthood....

My kids were fine, as long as we put on a little seat so they wouldn't fall in.

amother
White

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 8:14 am
We tried the seat, it didn't work either.

bsy

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 9:44 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Am I the only one too grossed out to deal with a little potty? My kids start out on the toilet right away (with a little seat on top).

Me too. We have a seat with a ladder attached so she could go by herself. After a couple months, she figured out how to use the toilet without it and now likes it that way.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 10:28 am
I also skipped the potty (agree - yuck).

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 1:06 pm
DD refused to use a potty. She said that was for babies. She wanted the smaller seat on the proper toilet, so she could sit like a big girl. It was very important for her to feel like she was going the same way that mommy goes.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 7:34 pm
Refused to use a potty with my first kid because of the yuck factor but I probably won't have a choice with my second one because we only have one bathroom.

Anyway, op like eveeyoje said. just clean it out immediately, no big deal if the baby gets into it.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 6:34 am
I never used a potty. I used the seat. We only have 1 bathroom with 5 toilet trained kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training