Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Stroller as a bassinet
Previous  1  2

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:58 am
I did the same
Put the stroller next to my bed at night
If the baby got fussy just reached out and gently rocked the stroller
Put the baby straight to sleep.
The bassinet stayed home
For outings I would use the base with the car seat.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 8:58 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I wouldn’t advise that. Cradles are not that pricey and so much safer. Air ventilation for a start in a pram bassinet is incomparable to a cradle.

Exactly my thoughts. So many options under $100! I didn’t know some are certified for sleep. It seems this is pretty common.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:06 am
When my oldest was born I used the bassinet from my Martinelli by Peg Perego carriage, for sleeping at night. We used it for about two-three months until baby rolled over and I bought a crib . At that time it specifically said on the packaging that it could be used for sleeping and they even sold a separate stand for that if you wanted.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Exactly my thoughts. So many options under $100! I didn’t know some are certified for sleep. It seems this is pretty common.

Its 2019. Many people are conscious of not have an overwhelming amount of stuff.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
MYOB? Hardly. I would facilitate with the parents to purchase if it was a safety issue. It’s the first baby and she’s young and very stubborn. I could be very helpful if it was a danger for a child. Smh.

There is enough information here indicating that there is no safety concern.

Its kind of disturbing that you're calling the mother of the baby "young and very stubborn" and still think your advice would/should be heeded to "facilitate" a purchase the parents dont want to make.

It seems like this is a matter of stepping back and allowing a young couple to live and learn. There is no immediate danger, they are not doing anything strange or unusual or dirty by using the stroller bassinet at night. You said it's not a monetary issue. This seems like a difference of opinion, and the choice is rightfully the parents'.

Stars

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
MYOB? Hardly. I would facilitate with the parents to purchase if it was a safety issue. It’s the first baby and she’s young and very stubborn. I could be very helpful if it was a danger for a child. Smh.

Are you the mil

ectomorph

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:27 am
Lol, I thought this would be about newborns sleeping in regular stroller.

amother
Gold

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

So many said it was fine and you seem to be searching for a way to prove it. Leave them be. leave the new mother to her choices.
Of course she is stubborn if you are dictating to her how her baby should sleep because it is dirty.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:24 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
There is enough information here indicating that there is no safety concern.

Its kind of disturbing that you're calling the mother of the baby "young and very stubborn" and still think your advice would/should be heeded to "facilitate" a purchase the parents dont want to make.

It seems like this is a matter of stepping back and allowing a young couple to live and learn. There is no immediate danger, they are not doing anything strange or unusual or dirty by using the stroller bassinet at night. You said it's not a monetary issue. This seems like a difference of opinion, and the choice is rightfully the parents'.

I had a question/concern and asked. I have already said I didn’t know they were safe for sleeping. Im not still doing anything. No need to be nasty. I’m the safe and loving “aunty” that the children speak to, not the mil.

tichellady

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:38 pm
Makes sense to me. Many people live in small apartments and prefer not having a million things to use for a few months and then find storage for

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I had a question/concern and asked. I have already said I didn’t know they were safe for sleeping. Im not still doing anything. No need to be nasty. I’m the safe and loving “aunty” that the children speak to, not the mil.

Assumingly since you referred to the new mom as stubborn, you had reason to think what she was considering was ill-informed. That’s why you are getting the responses you did.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:54 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
Assumingly since you referred to the new mom as stubborn, you had reason to think what she was considering was ill-informed. That’s why you are getting the responses you did.

She is. For example, she has food issues and has not been eating properly during pregnancy for fear of gaining weight. (8mos and less than 10 lbs) Everyone is very concerned including her doctor. She has given her parents and in-laws much more grief than nachas. I didn’t give the whole story in my OP but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t based on facts. I see that it’s accepted by Americans to use the bassinet now that I asked.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics