Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Any Public School Teachers?

Nadja

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 8:59 am
Good Morning,

Just curious if there are any other public school teachers out there? I teach 3rd grade in a local public school. (this is my 2nd year in 3rd grade, before that I taught 1 year of kindergarten, and 16 years as an elementary special education teacher).

We do not have any Jewish schools near me. But I teach wearing Tznuit and keep kosher...in a very secular area. No one has ever asked me why or anything.

Just curious if there are any fellow public school teachers out there!
Nadja Hi

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 9:03 am
What do you mean you teach tzniut and kosher? Like in the class or if a student asks about tzniut or kosher, you tell them about it?

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 9:09 am
Amother firebrick, read the OP again. She writes that she wears tzenuis and keeps kosher when teaching.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:02 am
I'm a public high school math teacher, and I hate it. Looking to switch fields.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 11:16 am
I’m a school counselor in a public high school in an area that doesn’t know what frum people are. I’ve been at this school for 4 years and Bh I’m very happy here. Obviously there are cons to working at a public school but overall I feel it’s worth it.

endocranium

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:44 pm
I'm a public high school science teacher - I love it, and I've never had any issues with kashrut or tznius dress. Occasional questions from students, but nothing more.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:56 pm
I am a speech therapist in a public school- very secular area. Literally no Jews in the entire school besides me. (Its the south. Theyre all Presbyterian).
They love that I'm Jewish because I'm the only Jew they're ever gonna know, and I break all stereotypes. I dont only wear black, and Im tall and blonde and blue.
They come to me with lists and lists of questions. They have no idea I wear a wig because they dont know that many orthodox women cover their hair. They just tell me how pretty my hair is. They are blown away by shabbos and kosher. I've gotten alllllll the questions. Like alllll of them.

CanadianNYer

Post Wed, Jul 03 2019, 7:06 pm
I've worked as an outside provider in the public school system, but mostly everyone had seen a frum woman before.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 04 2019, 3:00 pm
I've done english. I hated the big classes

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:08 pm
anyone that answered from Florida? I am looking for info on teaching in the public schools there
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics