Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Mekor for segula kvater

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:04 am
I want to know the mekor for the segula of being kvater. The real makor. No nonsense please.

Also why is it so 'mekubel' for a segula for kids? Is it a segula for anything, with other words just a broche.

P.s. I personally think that the segula is that all the people who see who is kvater start talking, "oh they are kvater, nebach they don't have kids or why are they kvater?...." then they all say "hashem should bless them" some will even whisper a little tfillo to hashem. Anyway with so many brochos and tfillos hopefully they will become pg

Can anyone proof me wrong and show me the real mekor?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 9:23 am
We were told that anyone who participated in the bris would have a zchus. Not specifically a segula for children. I have personally been kvatter even while I was pregnant (the couple knew about it) and we gave kvatter to family members, unrelated to having children (they were actually single). I don't know the source, but this makes sense to me- participating in a mitzvah would seemingly be a zchus, no matter the mitzvah.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:27 pm
I hate all these segulah things!!!
They just make people feel like more of a failure.
It is all in Hashem's hand and to give people all this ridiculous false hope, or put them on display as a nebach (op's words) is just horrible. On the other hand , how do you turn down the opportunity as maybe, maybe this time it will work.
I have no answer.
It is a wonderful society we live in.

(Btw, this applies to many other segulah things and area too).

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:40 pm
OP, there is no makor. A segula does not usually have a makor. Its something that people have heard will bring them luck to get xyz.
There is no source for this at all.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics