Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Google chrome randomly shuts down and uninstalls??!

aprildiamond

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:12 am
I have been experiencing the weirdest thing lately. While I am using Google Chrome to access the internet, it randomly shuts down and then uninstalls itself from my laptop. When I reinstall it and then open it up, I get a message that Chrome was not shut-down correctly, and do I want to reopen all my tabs. I click yes, and then I am back to where I started from...
Any tips?

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:55 am
It sounds like you have a virus running in the background. Do a deep virus scan, and if you still come up blank, you may have to reset your laptop.

aprildiamond

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 12:59 am
Rappel wrote:
It sounds like you have a virus running in the background. Do a deep virus scan, and if you still come up blank, you may have to reset your laptop.

How do I run a deep virus scan?

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 4:12 pm
Go into your computer settings, type into the search box "virus scan", "anti-virus", or something similar, and see what you come up with. It should be fairly intuitive from there. It may take a while to complete the scan - maybe 30 minutes to an hour

aprildiamond

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 12:16 am
Rappel wrote:
Go into your computer settings, type into the search box "virus scan", "anti-virus", or something similar, and see what you come up with. It should be fairly intuitive from there. It may take a while to complete the scan - maybe 30 minutes to an hour

So I completed a full scan and it said no threats detected. I had also restarted it and it ran some updates, and I thought maybe it was fixed, but then it happened again...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics