Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
When you recognise someone...

yersp

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 10:53 pm
I was standing on line today and two customers ahead of me this lady turned around, locked eyes with me and stared. Suddenly, she seemed to realize who I was (or whom she thought I was because I still can't remember where I would know her from) and quickly pulled out her cell phone, very rapidly typing all the while stealing furtive glances at me lest I see who she's texting.
She so quickly high tailed it out of the store I didn't get a chance to ask her where we know each other from.
I love meeting new people.... Oh well...

Here's to you lady at the toy store today:
If you knew who I was, whydja not say hi? Maybe you recognized me as the cat burgler who stole your cat and was quickly texting police....I'm not sure.

Biggest pet peeve of mine is when people do that. Quickly run and hide. Why don't you say hi and find out It's only a case of mistaken identity. I won't bite, I promise.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:46 pm
Are you famous? Is there a reason people would be afraid of you? Does seeing you remind people that they have to pay an overdue bill?

If someone clearly recognizes you, smile and say, nice seeing you.

soap suds

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:11 am
Hey, maybe she's the cat burgler and was afraid you'd recognize her and call the police!

yersp

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:35 am
Nope not famous at all. Though maybe she mistook me for my twin...... Dont have one IRL but everyone supposedly has a twin somewhere or so the saying goes

So SHE'S the cat burglar?? No wonder she was afraid I'd recognize her. That's why she ran out of the store so quickly!

yersp

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:38 am
[quote="amother [ Cyan ]"

If someone clearly recognizes you, smile and say, nice seeing you.[/quote]

I do that but didn't get a chance, she was ahead of me and I don't yell out in public. Maybe my twin did that and mistook her for someone else and she's afraid it would happen again....

etky

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:23 am
Are you an extovert?
Maybe she's really not.
Maybe she's shy and the texting was really a pretext not to engage with you, once she recognized you and realized you might or might not acknowledge her or possibly expect her to acknowledge you. For some people this type of encounter is awkward and cell phones are the perfect way to 'disappear' and become invisible.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette