Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
What facial product can you not live without
Previous  1  2  3  Next

creditcards

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:10 pm
Which product gets rid of blackheads and big pores?

skee

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 11:27 pm
MiriFr wrote:
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!

Stupid question (I am seriously challenged when it comes to anything beauty or fashion related):
Do you put the sunscreen/moisturizer on before or after applying makeup?

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:40 am
skee wrote:
Stupid question (I am seriously challenged when it comes to anything beauty or fashion related):

Great question!
Depends on what makeup you wear.
If you are only wearing mascara, then it doesnt matter what order. But if you wear anything on your face, apply moisturizer/sunscreen before.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:43 am
creditcards wrote:
Which product gets rid of blackheads and big pores?

Blackheads- any facewash where the active ingredient is salicylic acid, hydraulic acid, or glycolic acid. Leave on for 2 min, then rinse off. And then apply any cream where the active ingredient is 10% benzoyl peroxide.
Big pores- nothing Sad sorry! But you can cover them up with makeup!

jkw

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 4:06 am
As I live in a desert climate, sunscreen goes on after moisturiser and before makeup. I also wear a sun visor.
Use Biore pore strips to get off blackheads. Really works!

skee

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:08 am
MiriFr wrote:
Great question!
Depends on what makeup you wear.
If you are only wearing mascara, then it doesnt matter what order. But if you wear anything on your face, apply moisturizer/sunscreen before.

Thank you!
Does the same apply to plain sunscreen, as opposed to moisturizer with spf?
Also what about if you want to re-apply sunscreen later in the day, like if you're going to spend an extended time outdoors (I have really fair skin)? Can that go over whatever makeup is on your face?

miami85

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 6:08 am
I don't have a specific suggestion, but I get seborrheic dermatitis on my face and its really annoying, I've tried topical ointments that relieve symptoms temorarily, but I can't seem to get it gone long term.

creditcards

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 7:44 am
jkw wrote:
As I live in a desert climate, sunscreen goes on after moisturiser and before makeup. I also wear a sun visor.
Use Biore pore strips to get off blackheads. Really works!

Thanks
They look small. Do they come in bigger?

SleepingBeauty

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:21 am
MiriFr wrote:
Neutrogena 50 spf sunscreen! It's also moisturizing, so two in one!

Sunscreen is the most important thing to prevent wrinkles. UV rays zap elastins in your skin to death. Elastins make your skin elastic and plump and young. Without elastins, your skin starts to sag, bend, and wrinkle. If they're dead, theyre dead. So wear sunscreen all day every day!

I am really bad about wearing sunscreen, I never knew about the elastins!!
Any way to undo the harm? I was just in the hot sun yesterday for 3 hours!!!

aliavi

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:38 am
My skin does well with the Differin brand sunscreen and makeup goes over it well. (Differin is an OTC retinoid but there’s none in the sunscreen, it just works for acne and irritable skin)

aliavi

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:42 am
skee wrote:
Thank you!
Also what about if you want to re-apply sunscreen later in the day, like if you're going to spend an extended time outdoors (I have really fair skin)? Can that go over whatever makeup is on your face?

You can and should reapply sunscreen with moisturizer or not. There is a product that looks like loose powder that you apply on top of makeup (on top of sunscreen). I use the one by Supergoop and get at Sephora. Colorscience also makes one. These aren’t the cheapest.

Supergoop also makes a makeup setting spray with SPF.

Last edited by aliavi on Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

jkw

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 9:20 am
About Biore strips: yes there are different sizes for nose, forehead , and so on.

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 7:29 pm
nchr wrote:
Wash off makeup.
Scrub face with a baking soda paste and leave on - your face will be whiteish.
Wait a few minutes and wash off.
Take a cotton ball - dip a little bit of apple cider vinegar. Apply sparingly around your face- do not get it in your eyes. Wash off after 5 minutes or earlier if it burns you. Be careful and do a skin test before because some people get very irritated from apple cider vinegar.

Thanks so much! I love the idea of using products that I can pronounce!

ruby slippers

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 7:30 pm
skee wrote:

So glad you asked! I would have been doing it wrong!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:13 pm
SleepingBeauty wrote:
I am really bad about wearing sunscreen, I never knew about the elastins!!
Any way to undo the harm? I was just in the hot sun yesterday for 3 hours!!!

It's ok Smile just dont do it again! Excessive sun exposure without any protection will damage your skin. 3 hours as a one time shot shouldn't do any harm.
Check the UV index in your part of the world. The higher, the worse, and you should be applying sunscreen. If it's hot outside, it doesnt necessarily mean the index is high.

And make sure to moisturize!

MiriFr

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:17 pm
skee wrote:
Thank you!

A lot of people (like me!) are sensitive to regular body sunscreen on their face. So I use a sunscreen that's made for faces. If you are using a moisturizer with SPF, make sure it's a high number. It's best to reapply whatever you are using as often as you can. If you dont want to mess up your makeup, maybe try a BB cream (on top of sunscreen for maximum protection), and/or wear a cap with a visor+sunglasses.

SleepingBeauty

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 11:55 am
MiriFr wrote:
Blackheads- any facewash where the active ingredient is salicylic acid, hydraulic acid, or glycolic acid. Leave on for 2 min, then rinse off. And then apply any cream where the active ingredient is 10% benzoyl peroxide.
Big pores- nothing Sad sorry! But you can cover them up with makeup!

Regarding blackheads - is it better to try to remove with facewash or is Biore strips more effective and better?

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:34 pm
Water.

SleepingBeauty

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:36 pm
zaq wrote:
Water.

I wash my face every morning and evening. I still have blackheads on my nose. I must get rid of them!!!

Surrendered

Post Thu, Dec 12 2019, 12:38 pm
Coconut oil
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars