Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Unbelievable Chicken and Fusion Slaw

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 10:51 am
I hadn't made this chicken for awhile and had forgotten how much I liked it (actually loved it). The reason it is titled "Unbelievable Chicken" is because it is truly unbelievable that a recipe that is so simple to make is so delicious. I generally have all ingredients except for limes but I will remember to stock limes so I can make this again (and again Very Happy).

I generally marinate it for 24 hours - this makes a really juicy chicken breast with the flavor completely permeating what is sometimes a bland cut of chicken.

It's good hot of the grill but I generally make enough for lots of leftovers since it is really good cold however you use it - shredded over a tossed salad or just as a sandwich of some kind or even just as a nosh Smile

I have made it on my counter electric grill or on a regular grill. I have even taken a huge container of it in the marinade when I visit my friend who has an enormous outdoor grill and I bring home my leftovers.

I did a complete old school with the Fusion Coleslaw recipe which is also way more delicious than the simple recipes make it appear. I have simplified prep by using bagged shredded cabbage and carrots. I do like to chop the raisins a bit so they are smaller or substitute currants if you have them in the pantry. The honey roasted peanuts are necessary and I generally will put the sesame seeds on top of the container after I have made the slaw or else I forget to add them at the last minute - it's still good without the sesame seeds.

I generally make double of the Fusion and I have found that it needs a bit more dressing than the recipe like 1 1/2 times but you can judge for yourself as you don't want to oversaturate it either.

This is a great super easy very delicious dinner which is basically prepped completely in advance.

Note - I had left off the Napa cabbage and carrots when I pasted the recipe originally - it's now complete. Napa cabbage is nice and easy to shred for the salad so you can also do half bagged cabbage and half Napa cabbage or just use whatever cabbage is easiest LOL

Unbelievable Chicken

1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
3 tbsp prepared coarse-ground mustard
3 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1 lime, juiced
1⁄2 lemon, juiced
1⁄2 cup brown sugar
1 1⁄2 tsp salt
1 ground black pepper, to taste
6 tbsp olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast, halves

1.In a large glass bowl, mix cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, lime juice, lemon juice, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Whisk in olive oil, then add chicken. Cover and marinate for 8 hours or overnight.

2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.

3. Cook chicken for 6 to 8 minutes per side or until juices run clear. Discard marinade.

Fusion Coleslaw

3 cups shredded red cabbage
3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
2 large carrots, coarsely grated
3 small green onions, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon unseasoned rice vinegar
2 ½ teaspoons sugar
¾ teaspoon sambal oelek (see Kitchen Note) - I use srichacha
1 tablespoon peeled and finely grated ginger
¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
½ cup honey-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup raisins or currants (I coarsely chop raisins)
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

1. Place red cabbage, Napa cabbage, carrots and green onions in a large bowl.

2. Combine sesame oil, vegetable oil, vinegar, sugar, sambal oelek, ginger and salt in a small bowl; whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning, adding more sambal oelek and salt to taste.

3. Pour dressing over the vegetables and toss to combine. Add peanuts and raisins and toss again. Refrigerate, covered, to allow flavors to develop, 2 to 4 hours. Stir in sesame seeds just before serving, and serve chilled.

Times Kitchen Note: There are many hot chile pepper pastes used as table condiments in China and Southeast Asia; sambal oelek is the most common and most popular. Containing chiles, salt, vinegar and sometimes garlic and tamarind, the fiery paste gives food a powerful flavor boost.

Last edited by Amarante on Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:47 pm; edited 3 times in total

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:06 pm
This sounds right up my alley and I've been looking for new ideas! Thank you!

Metukah

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 1:42 pm
Looks amazing. Definitely gonna try it.

Thank you for all your great recipes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey