Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Therapist in lakewood for Anxiety - DD age 7

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 25 2019, 9:28 pm
DD is almost 7 years old and has always been a quite anxious kid. Although it doesnt really interfere with her day to day life in a very drastic way, I would love to get her some professional help! Looking for recommendations for therapists in Lakewood that work with those kind of issues. (Preferably not just a name (those are easy to find Smile ), but if you've had some kind of personal experience with them
Thanks in advance!

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:20 pm
My daughter is also an anxious kid, and she went thru a period of high anxiety (she was waking up all night, nightmares, and it was really affecting her and me) following an unpleasant experience on a daycamp trip.

I sent her to Nechama Kruk, and she was really able to help DD.

There's also a book I got her that helped her alot, but I don't remember what it's called. It compared worrying to growing too many tomatoes and not knowing what to do with it. I know she likes it and refers back to it.

Recently she went on a daycamp trip and revisited a similar type of experience that had caused her anxiety last time. She talked to me about it and laughed and said she no longer is anxious, B"H.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 12:31 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
My daughter is also an anxious kid, and she went thru a period of high anxiety (she was waking up all night, nightmares, and it was really affecting her and me) following an unpleasant experience on a daycamp trip.

There's also a book I got her that helped her alot, but I don't remember what it's called. It compared worrying to growing too many tomatoes and not knowing what to do with it. I know she likes it and refers back to it.

Recently she went on a daycamp trip and revisited a similar type of experience that had caused her anxiety last time. She talked to me about it and laughed and said she no longer is anxious, B"H.

What to do when you worry too much.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 4:39 pm
Giiy Landman

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 26 2019, 7:35 pm
Dr. Koslowitz's practice! Hands down the best child focused treatment in Lakewood.

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Jul 27 2019, 10:55 pm
Gitty landman

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 28 2019, 1:34 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

Does Nechama Kruk do sand play therapy?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 8:33 pm
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond! I really appreciate it!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics