Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
S/O 2 phone for teenagers

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:27 pm
Do that great a percentage of people's families haskafa not align with that of the school?
If it is the school rule why are you not following it and if it is fine for your family, why do you send here?
Am I naive?
Really not being judgemental.
Am I just really lucky that the haskafa of my kids school and camp lines up with mine so well?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 3:57 pm
Because its a good school.
Because of its name.
Because friends are there.
Because there is no school that is 100 percent matim and this is the closest.
Because they want their kids to be in a sheltered envirment.
Because its close by.

From my experience in the Israeli BY system here there is standard BY and DATI LEUMI not really anytying in the middle. Either its no internet in the house type or Modern Orthodox. So the system here has 75 percent of the student body not 100 percent hashkafically aligned. Some by a little and some by a lot.

amother
Cobalt

Post Mon, Jul 29 2019, 4:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do that great a percentage of people's families haskafa not align with that of the school?
If it is the school rule why are you not following it and if it is fine for your family, why do you send here?
Am I naive?
Am I just really lucky that the haskafa of my kids school and camp lines up with mine so well?

Because there's absolutely no school that's perfect in ALL regards?

Because ALL schools have these rules and there is only one school which is different hashkafically and you don't want your child to travel for 3-4 h daily to other schools?

Because that's where your child was accepted?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Am I naive?

you propose to pay or drive? no? so...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children