Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Thinking of making aliyah

sari00

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 2:50 pm
How long is the process? what does it entail?

How hard is it honestly Wink for a tech savvy couple to get jobs? Any suggestions in terms of job search? Networking?

We're looking into potentially moving next June IYH...

Any tips or ideas finding jobs, apartments in the Anglo community?

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 2:58 pm
Hooray, we'll be waiting for you with open arms!

Your first step is the Nefesh bNefesh website. See what documents you need to get together. Here's what I remember. Aside from birth certificates, a marriage certificate and a bunch of passport pictures, you'll need a letter from a rabbi proving your Judaism and proof that you aren't wanted for a crime anywhere. You'll apply for aliya visas, which can take a few months. You can also just get on a plane to Israel and fill out the paperwork here, if you want.

It's crucial to visit before you move.

sari00

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 3:04 pm
we have visited many times.. have immediate family our only real reservations are finding jobs Wink

veganchick

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 3:41 pm
I think if you have a tech background you are at a huge advantage. Nefesh B'Nefesh has info about jobs on their site. Where are you thinking of moving to? Ranaana is a good place if you work in tech and so is Herzaliya.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 3:43 pm
I'm not in your field, so I can't give you concrete advice. I can say that it's best to come with a cushion of savings so you don't have to find work the day you arrive. Many employers don't even want to interview you if you don't live here and don't have a teudat zehut number.

What I can say is that people are overwhelmingly helpful to olim. NbN can set up some introductions, but don't be shy about reaching out to your hairdresser's cousin's stepmother. Anyone who works in a related industry may become a contact.

sari00

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 3:59 pm
Thanks!! It's so hard to take that leap of faith moving and then look for a job- see what you're saying they wont interview until you're already settled living in Israel.
we're interested in bet shemesh area if that helps Smile

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 01 2019, 7:18 pm
My daughter just completed the process and is moving next week bezrat hashem.
You need an apostille. This is a document that verifies your birth certificate is authentic.

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 3:09 am
I made aliyah 8 years ago and I am in hi-tech.
While some people do come with jobs, it's not very common.

#1 - can either of you keep your US jobs and telecommute? This will make it emotionally and financially easier for you in the beginning. It's hard to sustain, but once you are here and settled you can look for local jobs if the telecommuting is too difficult.

#2 - Are you able to come with a 6 month financial cushion? This is usually what is suggested.

As far as the actual application process and what documents you will need, open a file on the NBN website and then they will tell you what you will need.
I did not need an apostille for my birth certificate.

Many people in Bet Shemesh commute to Tel Aviv (and the mercaz) or Jerusalem, or work from home. Commuting is fairly easy - the train goes to TA and there are many buses to Jerusalem. The people in Bet Shemesh are extremely friendly and will help you in any way possible.

Good luck!

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:59 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Commuting is fairly easy - the train goes to TA and there are many buses to Jerusalem.

I just wanted to add for anyone who hasn't had the chance to get the new train --- it's amazing! THE way to get to Jslm, especially with all the roadworks expected to last for the next few years

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 7:01 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
I just wanted to add for anyone who hasn't had the chance to get the new train --- it's amazing! THE way to get to Jslm, especially with all the roadworks expected to last for the next few years

The new train doesn't go through Bet Shemesh Sad
We still have the old train.

mochamix18

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 8:09 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
My daughter just completed the process and is moving next week bezrat hashem.
You need an apostille. This is a document that verifies your birth certificate is authentic.

You also need this on your civil marriage certificate unless you want to go through the Rabbanut with your ketuba.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 4:15 am
https://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahp.....rica/

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 7:30 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
The new train doesn't go through Bet Shemesh Sad
We still have the old train.

But on the positive side, the journey to Jerusalem is so pretty!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions