Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Rotisserie Basket for Countertop Rotisserie w. 16" Spit Rod?

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 9:00 am
When I rotisserie a whole chicken I use the regular Spit Rod and fasteners, but when I want to rotisserie chicken parts like thighs or bottoms only, Im busy tieing them up that takes time because unless I tie them well they fall down mid-rotisserie-ing.

I looked online and I see that you can buy a stainless steel (Id only buy stainless steel) Rotisserie basket, that closes shut, no need for tieing, that fits Outdoor grills with much larger spit Rods.

Is anyone aware of Rotisserie baskets that would be up to 15" long? The width of the holes to accommodate the Spit rod are all standard width (about 5/8"), so thats not the problem. The Rotisserie Baskets made for outdoor grills are 18" which is a few inches too wide for my rotisserie.

Also any tips for tieing techniques, that would save me time?

TIA

watergirl

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 10:29 am
I have the basket that camp with my machine. It does not work in the same way for pieces and its not the same taste. I just use the McCormick Rotisserie seasoning, sprinkle liberally, and cook in the oven (covered for an hour and finish uncovered). The machine is best for a whole chicken or roast.

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:07 am
I have this machine:

https://m.sears.com/cuisinart-.....w_wcB

I sit a whole chicken on it. When I do legs I stick them through the upright posts. Fish can be done in the basket. I use it for vegetables.

I have an amazing Peruvian recipe I stumbled on and played with.

Mevater

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:51 am
Im not buying another Countertop appliance, I have no room.

The rotisseried thighs were so amazing tasting, it might be worth the time it takes to tie them well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen