Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Could an Eidel guy in his 40s get a Sales job in Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:03 pm
40 year old guy is super Eidel and needs a job, preferably in a store.

I think sales might be good because hes super honest.

How would he look for a job in Lakewood?

Where should he be looking?

Which jobs are suited to someone extremely honest, extremely trustworthy, and willing to work hard, but with no degree, and not computer compatible.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:11 pm
Sales isn't a job for an eidel, honest guy. Most salesmen aren't so honest. They need to embellish a little, sometimes a lot, depending on what they selling. They need to be aggressive and pushy. He should check out the BP Weekly, they have pages of jobs available, you never know what you will find.

Would he be a cashier? Or maybe he can manage a warehouse? Drive for Lakeway? Delivery driver? I'm sure there are more jobs that don't require computer competence.

flmommy

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:12 pm
I actually think honestly and integrity and sales is not a great mix... not saying a sales person has to lie but usually they know how to “pump things up.” Hopefully Lakewood people will chime in with good advice.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:13 pm
He can also call PCS, they help people both with figuring out what they would be good at, and they know of many job openings. There are also employment agencies that he can approach.

He should also network a lot, tell everyone he knows that the's looking for a job and what he's capable of. You never know who knows of a job opening that would be perfect for him.

singleagain

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:47 pm
What about the receiver in a grocery (or other) store.

It involves, checking the invoices/shipping slips to count in the deliveries. Calling the companies to tell them if something is missing or extra. And breaking down the deliveries to put them either in the back or for the aisle guys to put out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries