Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Help me choose a paint color

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:11 am
I need to choose one paint color for the entire house. My options are as follows:

Benjamin Moore linen white
Benjamin Moore Navajo white
Benjamin Moore Marylin dress
Benjamin Moore China white

We have mahogany color dining room and master bedroom furniture and cream furniture for the kids bedroom. The lighting is different in every room. There’s more sunlight in one room than the other. Tia

MiracleMama

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:15 am
You should get a sample of each and paint a small section of wall in each to see which you like better.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:55 am
I did pale oak 125%. My friend did pale oak regular and the hallway 125%. I did the 125% cuz I liked it better.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:02 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
I did pale oak 125%. My friend did pale oak regular and the hallway 125%. I did the 125% cuz I liked it better.

What color undertone does it have?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What color undertone does it have?

Real taupe/beige. I originally chose a different color forgot which one but heard the undertone is gray and didn't wanna hear of anything related to gray. My house has alot of gray and was sick of the color. This came out gorgeous!! It's really pretty. If you like lighter you do the regular I wanted a bit darker.
ETA: remembered now. Edgecomb gray. My interior designer told me it's not gray it's not gray but painter told me it does have a hint of gray.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:17 pm
I also did edgecomb gray in the main living areas of my home.
Did linen white in my bedroom because Dh likes traditional and not modern. I wish I had done edgecomb gray in my bedroom too because I really don't like the linen white.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:38 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Did linen white in my bedroom because Dh likes traditional and not modern. I wish I had done edgecomb gray in my bedroom too because I really don't like the linen white.

Edgecomb gray is a beautiful color if you don't mind gray. I didint wanna hear and know of gray/grayish/taupy-gray. I have too much gray already.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 2:19 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

Is the linen white a stark white?

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 3:44 pm
Benjamin Moore’s website has a helpful tool where you can see the paint color in a room.
Make sure to change the trim/doors/ceiling colors also cuz the contrast makes a huge difference.
It’s obviously not as good as trying the colors in real life, but it gives you a pretty good idea of how it will look.

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is the linen white a stark white?

not at all, it's yellowish white

West End Tova

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 10:33 pm
Marilyn's Dress and China White are in the grey family. Linen White has a yellow undertone and Navajo White has a yellow-orange undertone. I had Linen White for years but recently switched to Ivory White 925. I sort of miss the warmth of the Linen White.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 11:11 pm
West End Tova wrote:
Marilyn's Dress and China White are in the grey family. Linen White has a yellow undertone and Navajo White has a yellow-orange undertone. I had Linen White for years but recently switched to Ivory White 925. I sort of miss the warmth of the Linen White.

White with a yellowish undertone is beautiful. I had that for the past 15 yrs and needed a change. In my mstr bdrm I had with a peach undertone it was also gorgeous.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics