Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How would budget 250k annual income
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Orthopedic surgeon (actually, a lot of doctors)

Partner, Big Law

Partner, Big 4 Accounting

Entrepreneurs can make that as well

Oh, wow, my uncle is an orthopedic surgeon. Is he really making that much?

Mommyg8

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:12 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I am just still so impressed that a $400/month chassideshe school has the resources, technology, and secular academic excellence to put their students on the path to becoming an orthopedic surgeon or attorney at a big firm. Maybe they can teach my children's schools a thing or two.
(My children's schools are bursting at the seams so I know I am not the only one here paying >15k/kid/year elementary and ~30k HS)

I know many Chassidish men who make way more than that. There's an old rule - the way to get rich is to start a business. Business pays well!

amother
Pink

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:38 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Interesting. My husband is an accountant, and all of his clients make that much. All of them are college-educated.

I also have numerous friends, acquaintances and clients making that much. All are college educated.

Just goes to show you. The plural of anecdote is not data.

In any case, I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove with your comment. This group, unfortunately, has more than its fair share of people who don't know how they're going to buy groceries or shoes for their kids, or pay the rent, and who share that they lack the education or experience to get a job that pays their bills. That certainly doesn't mean that others without education may not be successful. But it does mean that lack of education hurts many people.

I was responding to a comment regarding the chassidesh community.
And I said that I know - not the world at large.

But I find it interesting that a few lawyers I know (in the 35 age bracket) graduated at a terrible time - had large student debt - and are still struggling. College Guarantees nothing.

Every community has those that struggle - from chassidish to litvish to modern orthodox. Those with defrees and those without.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:41 pm
My husband makes that much doing amazon. We know a bunch of ppl doing amazon that make MUCH more than that.

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 11:19 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Honestly I would aim to save more than 20% if I could. I’m not stingy but don’t believe in discretionary income just because- I use it for things we value (Ie we wanted an upgraded car but I still shop in discounted grocery) We open wedding and college accounts for each child besides for our other savings for example. As the family grows up expenses multiply by a lot! My husband will god willing be making more but probably not enough proportionally.

How do college and wedding accounts work?
What type of acct, in whose names, are contributions tax deductible?
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics