Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cape Cod, MA- Any Ideas?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 10:29 am
Dh and I are planning a vacation in West Yarmouth, MA. Anyone ever been there? Which hotels are nice? Attractions, minyen, etc.. Oh, and we have a 15 month old baby.
Thanks!

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dh and I are planning a vacation in West Yarmouth, MA. Anyone ever been there? Which hotels are nice? Attractions, minyen, etc.. Oh, and we have a 15 month old baby.
Thanks!

Only guaranteed Minyan is in Onset. What do you love to do? How long are you there for?

Bklyn Gallery

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:37 am
We are planning to stay for 4 days. I do know that there are many beaches an places to chill. Are there any fun/action activities to do there as well? What about whale watching? Is it interesting/enjoyable?

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 11:51 am
Bklyn Gallery wrote:
We are planning to stay for 4 days. I do know that there are many beaches an places to chill. Are there any fun/action activities to do there as well? What about whale watching? Is it interesting/enjoyable?

Whale watching is great.

The National Seashore has beaches and places to walk/hike https://npplan.com/parks-by-st.....ails/

We enjoyed the Sandwich Glass Museum https://sandwichglassmuseum.org/ and Sandwich is a quaint little town

I thought that the Cape Cod Chip factory tour was worthless, but a lot of people like it. And the kids enjoyed the chips.

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:01 pm
Bklyn Gallery wrote:

The place is full of fun activities. It really depends on your preference and budget. If your budget is limited, you can do a canal cruise out of Onset. You can walk or bike along the canal. They have a nuetical museam there which has wounded marine life and kids activities.

You can go to Hyannis and walk around or take tours. They have museums and cruises. A sailing cruise is fun and not too rough for your baby. They have a pirate boat the kids love.

I would do a seal cruise rather than a whale watching trip. You can get discount tickets. You can also get discount tickets for the scenic train.

There are lots of amusement rides, and you can go over to Martha's Vinyard or Nantucket. They have beaches, bikes, museums, and shopping.

If you like touring, the is plenty to tour.

Bklyn Gallery

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:30 pm
Thanks all for your help! Cape Cod really does sound like a great choice for vacationing. Do you know where I can get discount tickets for a seal cruise?

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 12:57 pm
Bklyn Gallery wrote:
Thanks all for your help! Cape Cod really does sound like a great choice for vacationing. Do you know where I can get discount tickets for a seal cruise?

They have discount books at the register of many stores. They probably have in your motel. You can get groupons also. There are Airbnb adventures also listed.

You can also go with your husband when he dovens. Onsett is a really cute town on the water with a few playgrounds.

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 1:03 pm
We were in Hyannis. Loved the beaches, biking, jetskiing.

I would go back for more time, to check out Martha's Vineyard, see more beaches along the cape.

doctorima

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 10:29 am
We love Onset and the entire Cape. One of our favorite activities is the boat ride to Martha's Vineyard and walking around among the cottage houses there (google for pictures and info), and the carousel near the port. Unlike poster above, we enjoyed the Cape Cod free factory tour and samples. Jetskiing, parasailing, and other water sports can be lots of fun. It's easy to find an empty beach to enjoy.

We did whale-watching out of Provincetown, but be warned that it's a town with a very alternative-lifestyle vibe that you may not be comfortable with (we didn't know this in advance), but there are other towns that the boats also leave from. Also nearby is Plimoth Rock and Plimoth Plantation. There's also mini golf and go-kart places almost everywhere you go on the Cape.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics