Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Working "vacation" with mildly ill kid

chipmunks

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 8:04 am
We're on a semi-vacation, and I use even that term loosely, because DH is here on business. Now DD 5 is sick enough to need to be next to a toilet but not sick enough (BH!) to not be restless and need entertainment. I'm going stir-crazy and so are the kids. Planning outings is tough because DH doesn't have a fixed schedule here. More like he can call and say ok, I'll be back in an hour. Banging head

Inside stuff doesn't feel like vacation and we've had a rough year and need this. I get that no one can probably suggest much other than rainy-day activities. I guess I'm just shamelessly begging for hugs. Wink Thanks

dankbar

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 11:13 am
sit outside on porch or lawn & do crafts or outdoor games & activities on lawn if you have.
go to indoor places that have toilets ( wipe seats before/after)

Seashell

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 12:24 pm
Can u get him pull ups, & go to places with bathrooms?
All indoor places, and many outdoor ones have. This shouldn’t need to ruin your vacation!
And get him on the BRAT’s diet -bananas, rice/rice cakes, apple sauce, & toast. And repeat.
Good luck & hugs!

chipmunks

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:15 pm
Thank you! I appreciate the hugs and the advice! We went with the art project/blowing bubbles right in front of the building for now. Tried the applesauce and some probiotic yogurt and hoping that tomorrow she'll be well enough for a trip to the big park nearby. There are toilets there, it's more the half hour walk to get there that's an issue.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics