Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Eternity Band

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:43 pm
How many carrots is normal size (ie not very small) for an eternity band? Also has anyone bought in Zales or any other non jewish place or only jewish jewelry stores? How much was it? I am considering getting one and wanted to get information. Thanks!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How many carrots is normal size (ie not very small) for an eternity band? Also has anyone bought in Zales or any other non jewish place or only jewish jewelry stores? How much was it? I am considering getting one and wanted to get information. Thanks!

I shopped Zales. The quality isn't so nice. I would buy from Macys or Ross and Simon's first.

BetsyTacy

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:50 pm
I am surprised to hear that Macy's or any type of department store has good quality diamonds. I would stick to jewelry stores who at least have knowledgable sales people and can give you a certificate describing the gems you are buying (including information of the 4 C's -color, clarity, cut and carat)

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I shopped Zales. The quality isn't so nice. I would buy from Macys or Ross and Simon's first. I usually buy a frum Jeweler.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 4:57 pm
Costco.
I am serious.
I got mine there. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but wore it when I went to the jewelry exchange on route 4 in Paramus, for comparison bases. I spoke with a bunch of different sellers who all look at the ring and said it was great quality and when I told them how much I paid they were surprised and said I should keep it and look no further.

Regarding size, are you looking to wear it on the same finger as am engagement ring? How big are your fingers and how big is your ring?
Bigger doesn't always look better.

Optione

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:00 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
I would buy from Macys or Ross and Simon's first. I usually buy a frum Jeweler.

My jewelry from Macys has never felt like it'll last long.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 5:58 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Costco.
I am serious.
I got mine there. I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but wore it when I went to the jewelry exchange on route 4 in Paramus, for comparison bases. I spoke with a bunch of different sellers who all look at the ring and said it was great quality and when I told them how much I paid they were surprised and said I should keep it and look no further.

Regarding size, are you looking to wear it on the same finger as am engagement ring? How big are your fingers and how big is your ring?

I actually have very small hands. I will wear it on a different hand than my engagement ring since my setting wont go with another ring.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:00 pm
Costco.
I am serious.

I’ve heard from family that is in the jewelry business that Costco’s diamond jewelry is excellent quality.

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:12 pm
BetsyTacy wrote:
I am surprised to hear that Macy's or any type of department store has good quality diamonds. I would stick to jewelry stores who at least have knowledgable sales people and can give you a certificate describing the gems you are buying (including information of the 4 C's -color, clarity, cut and carat)

Because the diamonds are so small in eternity rings, you're really looking at color more than anything else.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:31 pm
There are no carrots in an eternity band LOL

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Aug 02 2019, 6:33 pm
Looking into myself an eternity band with .30 carat diamonds will be following this thread

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Aug 03 2019, 2:59 pm
I have two eternity rings from this shop: https://www.etsy.com/il-en/sho....._desc

One is sapphire rainbow, and the other is blue opal. I am extremely happy with the quality and customer service. They will do custom work for you in any combination of stones and metals you like.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 12:42 am
Has anyone shopped jewelry from Bloomingdales? What’s the quality like?

frumPA

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 12:35 pm
Costco.
I am serious.

Can you tell me how much you paid? How many carrot did u get? Thanks.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:17 pm
frumPA wrote:
Can you tell me how much you paid? How many carrot did u get? Thanks.

I got mine years ago. I went on their website on Friday to see what they had and they had different sizes at different price points. For some strange reason I can't seem to get on now. But just google their website and look under diamond bands. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. They have <1 carrot rings through 4 carrots. Read the reviews. Also, they are easily returnable.

frumPA

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:20 pm
I got mine years ago. I went on their website on Friday to see what they had and they had different sizes at different price points. For some strange reason I can't seem to get on now. But just google their website and look under diamond bands. I don't want to tell you the wrong thing. They have <1 carrot rings through 4 carrots. Read the reviews. Also, they are easily returnable.

You bought online or you went to the store? I dont even remember what my ring size is! And I would want to look and try on to see...

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Aug 04 2019, 1:24 pm
frumPA wrote:
You bought online or you went to the store? I dont even remember what my ring size is! And I would want to look and try on to see...

I bought online. It is not the first time I have bought Costco jewelry online. I think I had looked and tried on in (other) stores first to get an idea. I ordered 2 online thinking it is an easy return and loved one of them. So I keep the one and returned the other.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics