Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Miriam Kosman Article
Previous  1  2

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 1:29 am
Seems the OP only posted a portion of the article.

Here is the whole thing:

https://mishpacha.com/I-mind-you-matter

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:02 am
I think that the article also.depicts an unnecessarily fatalistic view of motherhood. If the mother enjoys stargazing, why not share the love wih her children instead of forcing herself to "sit on the couch reading the same book for the hundredth time"?
Obviously, I recognize that motherhood will consume most if our time and energy. Nevertheless, it's certainly possible to think up creative ways to include children in our interests, and to maintain our interests to some extent in the small pockets of time around caring for the children.
I personally identify as an intellectual person, and it bothers me that intellectual women are discriminated against by being portrayed as somehow incompatible with motherhood. I truly feel that my calling and fulfillment is with my children. Unfortunately much of my time must be devoted to earning the dough to pay the bills, something that I find decidedly unfulfilling, and which does increase with each child. (Unlike Miriam Kosman, I have not been blessed with such an intellectually stimulating and fulfilling career.) Now, that doesn't mean I would be capable of having a baby every year, because of things like morning sickness, varicose veins, and sleep deprivation.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 8:15 am
read the whole article. she includes that
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics