Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How do you stick to a diet?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:50 pm
I have to lose at least ten pounds. I was so good the whole day. I didn’t cheat once. The day is winding down and those chocolate chip cookies in the freezer are yelling at me to eat them. I can’t just have one. Once I take one the whole bag will be gone before I know it. Help!!!! How do ppl stick to diets?

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 6:53 pm
This is why ppl are going nuts over keto. It changes your whole relationship to food. If you can get past the first 2 weeks you won't even want those cookies. I won't say they nauseate you but you just lose all interest in them.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:00 pm
Don't keep your trigger foods around. If someone else in the family must have it, get a lock on it that only they can open.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:17 pm
What is your motivation to lose weight? Do you have a goal?
Keep that in the forefront of your mind.
Also, keep easy to eat, enjoyable, healthy alternatives readily accessible.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:40 pm
A health coach can help you heal your relationship with food, get to the root of why its hard for you to stick to your diet, come up with an action plan, and hold you accountable.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Aug 05 2019, 7:53 pm
Or you can have a different relationship with your triggers. Say you like chocolate, and you have a row at a time. What about buying a bar, keeping it in a place that's not as accessible as the kitchen, and allowing yourself a nibble at a time? So you end up eating maybe one square a day instead of half a bar.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise